About the role
Crown Agents is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager in Jordan to support a Humanitarian project.
Background and Objective of the Project
GPSY is a UK funded programme that will contribute to supporting both the conditions needed for peace as well as laying the foundations for a more stable Yemen through a flexible response mechanism closely aligned to community level needs to allow entry for sectoral service delivery support.
The GPSY is designed to be an ambitious and innovative governance, peace and stability focused programme which builds on the UK’s stabilisation experience and aims to support in three primary ways:
- By providing a flexible, adaptive and responsive platform to rapidly design and deliver projects that reflect Yemen’s political and security context.
- Act as a catalyst to drive donor coordination and co-operation linking to humanitarian-development-peace-nexus.
- Act as a repository library for all donors combined programme learning, research and analysis.
Scope of Activities and Tasks
The MEAL Manager will ensure: ‘
- Independent GPSY monitoring of partner programmes to triangulate and provide cross cutting and qualitative data aimed at maintaining timely accurate high-quality programme information to inform MEL throughout the programme lifecycle;
- Timely technical assistance and on the job capacity building and support to implementing partners on QL tasks; specifically, data collection, data analysis, reporting and ensuring that learning is incorporated into the programme management cycle;
- Work to embed quality, accountability and learning in all partner programmes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the setup of the GPSY portfolio Information Management System (IMS), linking and aggregating appropriate indicators throughout the structure.
- Lead the development of partner Results Frameworks, including logframes, indicator definitions, data collection toolkits and data reporting.
- Develop appropriate programme evaluation methodologies and provide data capture and analysis support where necessary.
- Manage field based MEAL Officers and enumerators.
- Monitor the submission of partner reports and follow up where necessary to ensure timely delivery of programme management commitments
- Work with the Q&L Manager to ensure that data is being utilised to inform improved, flexible and responsive programming and to inform unexpected learning from programme activities.
- Support M&E training and development of MEAL training and capacity building materials.
Management and Reporting Arrangements
*Reporting to Crown Agents**:* The employment contract will be held by Crown Agents.
Duration and Inputs
Full time position with expected duration of two years.
This position is based in Amman, Jordan. Regular travel to field locations in Yemen will be required.
· Relevant degree desirable
· High level understanding of Monitoring and Evaluations systems throughout the different stages of the project cycle
· Experience of developing results frameworks and associated tools
· Experienced in the use of data collection, storage and information management systems
· Experienced in capacity building, training and mentoring.
· Experienced in facilitating and managing MEAL workshops and meetings
· Desirable previous experience working with the UN or INGOs
· Fluency in Arabic language is desirable
· Proficient in written and spoken English essential
· Working ability in other local and regional languages an asset
· Knowledge of vulnerability issues in conflict and humanitarian environments
· Detailed contextual knowledge of the local area
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.