MIDDLE EAST REGIONAL SECURITY AND ACCESS ANALYST – JORDAN
General description of the position
Based in our Middle East Regional Office (MERO), you will provide context analysis and build scenarios based on geopolitical trends. You will support missions improving access through a comprehensive analysis and a better community engagement. You will be responsible for building a strong regional network of analysis experts.
- You will do a Regional Geopolitical Trend Analysis to stay up-to-date with international trends and developments affecting the balance of power in the Middle East. You will investigate and forecast emerging threats and share learnings with country teams to aid in proactive planning and response strategies. You will support the country offices with factoring in security risks and analysis (scenarios for the main crises in the region).
- You will provide support in developing and implementring Humanitarian Access Strategies enabling durable programing and assessment for new areas of intervention. You will advice on policy issues related to safeguarding humanitarian principles and ensuring the effective delivery of humanitarian assistance. You will support the missions with workshops and acess trainings (in coherence with our tools and methods). You will ensure that our access is responsive to local context and negociated with all stakeholders (including community engagement components).
- You will be responsible for building a Network of Regional Analysts & Security & Access experts. You will identify all sources of information (political, military, humanitarian, etc.) allowing a better analysis of the security situation in the region. You will establish and maintain contacts with UN agencies, non-governmenttal organizations, and diplomatic missions. You will exchange regularly with security advisors from HQs (France & Spain) and with the Inter-Agency Regional Analysts Network (IARAN) based in London.
Do you fit the requested profile ?
You hold a degree in Security management or related field, and specifics studies in humanitarian aid or development.
You have at least 3 years experience (or more) in access analysis and/or security management. You have proven experience working in insecure environments. And you have comprehensive knowledge of security management within INGOs.
You are known for your skill to establish a working relationship with different stakeholders & networks establishment, which prove your skills to cooperate with multidisciplinary teams.
An experience in capacity building and training in a cross-cultural environment will be desirable.
Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in Arabic and English are mandatory.
Global mobility is required.
Specific conditions / Salary
Contract: 12 months fixed term contract under French legislation (until 30/04/2020)
Salary and profits:
- Monthly gross salary from 1 805 € to 2 305 € (upon experience)
- Per diem and living allowance: 524 JOD net – paid in cash in the field
- + 9% of monthly gross salary as regional allowance
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 100 JOD/month as a transportation allowance
Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Cross knowledge ©.