Market Development Advisor – Syria Response
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As**, Market Development Advisor – Syria Response** you will
- Lead on developing and implementing a Livelihood Programming Strategy for World Vision’s Syria Response as a whole, and for each of the countries included in the Response.
- Lead on ensuring technical expertise and staff capacity, innovation, quality results and organisational learning within World Vision based on credible evidence gained through Market Development programming.
- Have up-to-date sectoral knowledge to ensure that current thinking is reflected in World Vision’s Livelihood and Resilience programmes, and that they in turn influence across the response.
- Lead Market Development specific and/or integrated research and learning initiatives.
- Represent World Vision in external engagement with technical sectors, donors, governments and other relevant stakeholders in the humanitarian community.
- University degree in Economy/Human Development/Social Sciences or related field.
- Master degree in relevant field required.
- At least five years working experience at a senior level in Market Development and Resilience sector in a humanitarian context.
- Excellent technical understanding of Sustainable Development, Economic Development and Market Development and Resilience, including agriculture and IT sectors.
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills required.
- Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and ability to travel locally and internationally up to 50% of time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 08 APR 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.