Right to Play (RTP) is a global organization that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through sports and games, RTP helps children in more than 20 countries build essential life skills and better futures, while driving social change in their communities in sustainable and lasting ways. RTP Jordan was established in 2006, focusing on children and youth in the most vulnerable areas of Jordan. Its aim is to enhance equality of education within the Jordanian formal education frameworks, in addition to using sports for comprehensive child and youth development including psychosocial support, life skills and community cohesion.
RTP is seeking a consultant to write one (1) manual on maintaining rehabilitated facilities and WASH activities for school administrators, staff, students, and community members. Additional topics that should be included in the manual are health, hygiene, sanitation, and supporting ideas for youth-led initiatives. This manual will be used by RTP field staff when delivering training to the above-listed stakeholders at Ministry of Education (MoE) schools. Upon completion of the training, this manual will be given to trainees to support them in implementing the concepts learned through workshops.
Working in close collaboration with relevant RTP staff, the consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Extensive review of a manual developed for a previous RTP project on similar topics.
- Discussion with relevant RTP staff to develop clear understanding of manual concepts and how they are delivered through trainings in the field.
- Discussion with MoE representatives and members of targeted schools to better understand the conditions and needs of the schools related to rehabilitation and WASH.
- Design one new manual in a manner relevant to the context in Jordan and challenges faced locally.
- Revise manuals as needed based on field testing and feedback from relevant staff.
- One completed manual, written in both English and Arabic, for use of staff in the field when training for school administrators, staff, students, and community members at MoE schools.
- Consultant is based in Jordan
- Written and spoken fluency in Arabic and English
- Completed advanced university degree in relevant social sciences field
- Strong experience in developing manuals on topics related to life skills, social cohesion, and WASH
- Knowledge of maintenance and construction, preferably in schools
- Strong knowledge of the local context in Jordan and relevant social issues
Applicants should send their CV, motivation letter, estimated minimum budget, and availability to Zeid Adarbeh at [email protected].