Kaizen will hire a Jordanian Driver with the following key responsibilities and required qualification for the full-time position.
The Driver operates and maintains project vehicle to meet the transportation needs of the project. Follows schedule of routine vehicle maintenance. The Driver will report to the Finance and Operations Manager, and will be based in Amman, Jordan.
Expected responsibilities include:
• Drive project vehicle as and when instructed by authorized project personnel.
• Keep detailed records of vehicle movements and maintenance performed.
• Identify and report immediately any vehicle problems/defects to the relevant staff members.
• Responsible for the general cleanliness of the vehicle; body, chassis, engine etc.
• Ensure loading and off-loading of items in and out of assigned vehicle.
• Adhere to and respect Jordan’s traffic rules and regulations, as well as project policies and procedures.
• Ensure the assigned vehicle always carries essential tools and materials (e.g., spare tire, jack, belts, ropes, different type of spanners, jack etc.).
• Support the project office by performing general service tasks, repairs, deliveries, etc.
• Completed secondary school (desirable).
• Hold a valid driver’s license.
• At least 3 years’ commercial driving experience.
• Automotive mechanics expertise.
• Proven ability to work with minimum direction and supervision.
• Team player, able to work respectfully and cooperatively with colleagues or different national and cultural backgrounds.
• Strong interpersonal, coordination, and organizational skills.
• Prior experience working for USAID or other donor-funded development programs is preferred.
• Fluency in English and Arabic
Qualified applicants should send, by Sunday, March 3, 2019, a resume/CV in English with a cover letter outlining qualifications and the contact details of three references to this email: [email protected]
No phone calls, please. Only finalists will be contacted.