Jordan M&E Coordinator
Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to, guided and directed by the Senior M&E Officer, the M&E Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the M&E Officer on designing and implementing the M&E of all GFP Jordan Programmes based on M&E frameworks in use by GFP for our learning and for reporting to donors; monitoring the Jordan Programmes activities on a regular basis; processing M&E data collection & analysis and drafting Programme Evaluation Reports for the Jordan Programmes, based on baseline/endline data and Participatory Evaluations. The Programmes M&E Coordinator will assist and support the Programmes M&E Officer.
Reporting to, guided and directed by the Senior M&E Officer, the Programmes M&E Coordinator shall support the Programmes M&E Officer on:
Monitoring and Evaluation processes for Jordan Programmes
· Implementation of GFP M&E processes in the Jordan Programmes, thereby strengthening Programmes implementation by HQ Jordan Programmes Team and Jordan Programmes Implementation Teams (IMPTs).
· Applying the GFP baseline/endline surveys, session monitoring, learning and reflection, and participatory evaluation M&E processes and tools in Jordan Programmes in ways which meet GFP needs as well as Jordan Programmes donor requirements.
· Ensuring regular flow of information on M&E processes, tools and data in use by Jordan Programmes with the Institute’s staff in charge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
· Ensuring continuous updating of Jordan Programmes database by providing the M&E information/data to Programmes Coordinators and Officers.
· Supporting and mentoring the Jordan Programmes Implementation Teams in execution of the M&E processes.
· Analysing effectiveness of M&E processes to meet GFP needs and donor requirements and providing recommendations for adaptation/development of the M&E processes and advising where donor requirements need to be negotiated.
Data Management and Analysis
· Conducting regular field visits to ensure the quality of M&E data collected by the Jordan Programmes Implementation Teams.
· Ensuring GFP and donor data queries and information requests are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
· Direct contact and cooperation with the Field Coordinators to ensure the quality and accuracy of the collected data.
· Having sufficient skills and knowledge in using different online systems used in the Jordan programmes through Donors like Bayanati, Kobo, ActivityInfo.
· Regularly monitoring the data entered in the online systems.
Reports, Communications and Proposals
· Supporting the M&E Officer in drafting high-quality Programme Evaluation and monthly and quarterly progress reports for donors.
· Review internal monthly reports prepared by the Programmes Officers and ensure its efficiency
· Update Jordan programmes briefs and fact sheets.
· Ensuring regular flow of high-quality information, data, quotations and identification of potential human-interest stories from Jordan Programmes to feed the M&E Officer and then Donor & Partner Communications.
· Assist the M&E Officer in specific parts in the Participatory Evaluation reports (Learning and Reflection, quantitative data…); and in the quarterly reports.
Supporting Programmes Department’s major events, including direct training events (Camps, Advanced Trainings, Refresher Trainings, etc.) and Jordan Programmes field visits.
Education, Qualifications, Competences, Skills Required:
· B.A Degree in a relevant discipline.
· At least 1 year relevant professional experience.
· Experience volunteering in development / community work.
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation.
· Experience in programme design and coordination.
· Experience in mentoring others.
· Excellent communications skills, both consensus development and interpersonal; confidence and enthusiasm when communicating internally and externally in both formal and informal presentations.
· Very good spoken and written English.
· Excellent spoken and written Arabic.
· Very good analytical skills.
· Technologically skilled (databases; documents; spread sheets; surveys; presentations).
· Ability to analyse and deal with a huge amount of quantitative data.
· Ability to reflect, learn, and improve; having experience in using feedback processes for learning.
· Ability to perform in a high-energy environment, with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the thoughtfulness to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace; a “can do” attitude, and a willingness to “roll-up sleeves” and personally handle all aspects of position.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural team and context; having cultural sensitivity and understanding of different interpretations of communications approaches in different global, regional, and local contexts.
· Strong interest in global current affairs, conflict resolution and peace building, and international development.
· Experience working internationally and in an international organisation.
· Experience working in the field of peace building and conflict transformation.
· Demonstrated knowledge of different theories of conflict transformation and social change.
· Experience in community development and behaviour change. Experience working with different age-groups (children, youth, adults) in different contexts
To apply: please send fully completed Application Form, in detail, together with CV/resumé on GFP career website page through the link: https://www.generationsforpeace.org/en/careers/ then apply for Programmes M&E Coordinator
Closing Date: 17:00 GMT, 15 June, 2018. Incomplete or late applications will not be reviewed.