- Troubleshoots, repairs and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) tests personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems.
- Deliver proactive onsite support and knowledge transfer to the customers.
- Administrate Active directory users, Exchange users management, SCCM system (Servers and users side), Citrix cloud computing and apps, Print management solution (Server and users Side).
- Manage and Produce the university Hardware Standards Technical specifications, for Tendering Purpose, preparing technical studies, technical reports for the purchased IT equipment’s.
- Supervise the photocopiers maintenance orders, prepare technical specifications, studies, reports.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns.
- Develops and tests complex user documentation; works with hardware vendors to resolve equipment failures/problems.
- May perform routine security checks on the system.
- Participate in complex technical projects.
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required. May have budgetary responsibility for purchasing IT equipment and monitoring within a prescribed budget.
- Serves as technical resource to unit.
- Designs and produces moderately complex reports.
- Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone.
- Replacing parts as required.
- Routine Maintenance
o Installing/configuring new computers/telephones.
o Repairing/upgrading PC and Mac hardware and software.
o Troubleshooting printers/scanners/copiers.
o Maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies (cables, adapters, etc.).
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Read trade magazines and technical manuals, and attend conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of hardware and software.
- Supervise and coordinate workers engaged in problem-solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications.
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues.
- Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs.
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
- Testing and evaluating new technology.
- Conducting safety checks on computer equipment.
- Coordinates closely with the UITS helpdesk.
- Supports technical needs of conferences.
- Supports the development and maintenance of department websites.
- Provides workshops for students, faculty and staff.
- Oversight and management of a 24x7x365 environment which may require some off shift work. This position will also require on-call response to incidents as necessary.
- Responsible to adhere with all information security policies and procedures of the University.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in IT related field.
- 3-6 years’ experience in an IT support role.
- Excellent Communication Skills both verbal and written
- MCITP 2008 or MCSE 2003.
- Excellent understand of Active directory and Microsoft Infrastructure Technology.
- Good understand of Tenders procedures and documentations.
- Good understanding of Microsoft and desktop applications, PC hardware and peripherals, PC operating systems and application software.
- Familiarity with LAN network protocols and client-server business applications.
- Good understanding of Microsoft active directory delegated domain administration.
- Ability to systematically troubleshoot complex problems.