General Description of the Programme/GOAL
GOAL is an international emergency and development NGO dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poorest and most vulnerable. GOAL was established in 1977 and is currently operational in 14 countries world-wide.
GOAL began operations within Northern Syria in 2012 responding to the acute needs of conflict affected communities with a support structure based in Turkey and Jordan. GOAL’s work in Northern Syria is primarily in Idleb Governorate and Northern Aleppo Governorate. The program focuses on Food Security, WASH, Livelihoods and Emergency response with a growing emphasis on cash and voucher modalities. GOAL implements directly, with over 600 staff based in Syria, Turkey, and Jordan, as well as through Syrian NGO partners.
To lead the investigation of allegations and cases inside Syria through the management of the investigation unit who form a key part of GOAL’s fraud mitigation, safeguarding, and accountability framework. To provide expertise and advice on all investigations, and actively collect and analyse a wide range of information on each allegation/serious complaint or issue to be determined and guide management towards a decision in a timely manner.
Duties and responsibilities
1: Leadership and Management
- Lead and develop the performance of a team of investigation, providing coaching, support, and feedback where required to deliver team objectives and ensure the welfare of staff.
- Liaise closely with the Complaints Response Group in GOAL HQ and provide updates on all investigations and report the outcome of the SCC meeting in a prompt manner to enable final closure of cases.
- Oversee the performance of new and active investigations to ensure the investigation is carried out thoroughly and expeditiously in accordance with investigation guidelines, ethics and relevant legislation, policy, and best practice.
- Develop and implement short and medium-term objectives within each investigation as part of the overall investigative strategy and engage with other departments, units and external organisation (when needed) to enable a collaborative approach to managing investigative strategies and evidence gathering and build community confidence.
- Ensure that results generated by field findings/investigation activities are summarized, well recorded, and communicated regularly and ad hoc at the country and headquarter levels
- Compile and submit timely investigation reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Ensure the proper Implementation of GOAL’s performance management system for direct reports, including individual and project planning, , regular feedback, coaching and mentoring, mid-term reviews and annual performance appraisals.
- Work closely with the Investigation officer (Amman) to manage the Serious Complaints Tracker of GOAL Syria, including entry and updates.
- Work closely with CD to develop preventive solutions and studies to reduce the number of serious wrongdoings through analysing serious cases trends and points of compromise
- Report on any flagged issue to CD immediately.
- Carry out additional task as requested by the CD
- Ensure that investigation staff and functions are included in grant budgets and that donors are willing to fund the investigation interventions.
2: Capacity Building
- Provide technical support to GOAL’s local partners to develop and manage investigation
- Provide technical support to all colleagues within the organisation in relation to all aspects of investigation
- Ensure investigation tools are available and reports are generated according to the standards meeting field requirements.
- Develop the performance of the investigation officer, providing coaching, support, and feedback where required to deliver team objectives and ensure the welfare of staff.
- Review all investigation reports regularly and share ad hoc updates to Country Director.
- Work with partners to conduct investigation n processes in line with GOAL Syria’s guidelines on same
- In close coordinator with GOAL’s Partnership Organizational Development Advisor, develop and monitor partner work plans to implement accountability processes
3: Collaboration with other departments
- Work closely with the programme coordinator to mainstream the investigation component in GOAL programming.
- Work closely with Safety and Security Advisor on high risk allegations that may have a security concern.
- Work closely with the Accountability Coordinator to ensure that all allegations received at HQ or at country level include the necessary information to:
- categorise any serious complaints (5-6) in a timely manner
- Assure Category 1-4 complaints are referred to the relevant department for follow up.
- Establish a collaborative approach between different departments in the organization to ensure smooth investigation, contributing to a strategic direction of the investigation.
- Review the updated standardised operating procedures (SOPs), memorandum, contracts, and relevant programme documentation to be always available for the investigation unit.
- Feed into the overall programme strategy, providing data and analysis as required for strategic purposes and new programme design
- Carry out induction/training on investigation for programme stakeholders and GOAL staff.
4: Conflicts of Interest
- Serve as Validator in all conflict of interest declarations disclosed by GOAL Syria Response and Turkey programme staff.
- Ongoing collaboration with the accountability officer on resolution to conflict of interest declarations.
- Coordination with the Headquarters-based Head of Investigations on the conflict of interest system and policy more generally.
- Oversee the Safeguarding investigation team in Syria and assure their adherence to all GOAL safeguarding practises and policies.
- Lead any relevant communications related to the course of the SG investigations with the Country Director, global Complaints Response Group and Global SG Advisor
- Sustain the development of a communication tree and toolkit for the safeguarding investigation process in close collaboration with the Global Safeguarding Adviser and under the supervision of the line manager
- Communicate the lessons learned from the investigations with the relevant people in coordination with the Global Complaints Response Group and Global Safeguarding Advisor
- Report category 6 cases to the donors after the review of relevant parties
Requirements (Person Specification)
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with investigations and/or developing and implementing complaint/accountability frameworks.
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with remotely managed cross-border programming in the Syrian context.
- Background in social sciences, international development, or another relevant field.
- Fluency in Arabic and English
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- A team player who can work collaboratively and with people of diverse backgrounds
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- A strong understanding of the Syrian context
- Experience of, and commitment to, working through systems of community participation and accountability
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
General Terms and Conditions
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
How to apply
Please Apply Here