Human Resource Manager
Position: Human Resources Manager
Location: Amman, Jordan with frequent travel in the Region
Duration: 1 year with a potential start date of October 1 st 2018.
Reports: Country Director, with Technical Reporting to Regional HR Manager
About RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
About the context and RI’s role:
Reporting to the Syria Deputy Country Director (DCD), the hub team lead (HTL) oversees the implementation, coordination and administration of all aspects related to ongoing program activities in Syria from the relevant hub including planning, organizing, staffing, leading, and ensuring quality implementation of program activities. The HTL will be overall in-charge and leader at the hub level and is responsible for day to day management functions and overall management of all Syria related staff and cross border programs. At every hub level, a separate/distinct country mission will/may also exist which will be managed by an individual SMT lead by respective country director for that mission. The HTL is expected to understand and be able to manage in remote management setup in addition of being able to comply and coordinate with the Country Directors of the respective country missions. These requires a clear understanding for the sensitivity of carrying out cross border programming from a host country and being under the legal umbrella of the affiliated hub.
Reporting to the Syria Country Director, the HR Manager is responsible for the effective and efficient HR Management at 2 levels: Level 1 is the HR Management implemented at the Syria Hubs and Level 2 is the HR Management implemented inside Syria with Direct and Indirect Staff. The job holder will ensure that the HR functions at the Hubs are executed in accordance with RI’s policies and procedures; ensure that the HR processes implemented inside Syria follow a harmonized/standardized systems and procedures, and under the general guidance of RI’s Procedures; provide necessary guidance and inputs required for technical, operational and strategic oversight of the HR functions to the Hub Team Leads and hub based HR staff; technically oversee relevant HR personnel located in the Hubs. The HR manager will coordinate with the host country mission HR department to identify and address HR related legal functions: Work Permits, Residencies, payrolls, attendance, timesheets, social security payments, income tax payments and employment contracts as per the host country labor laws depending on the location of staff.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- In compliance with RI HR standards, develop a uniformed HR managerial strategy for Syria and oversee the implementation and maintenance of these standardized HR policies and procedures in compliance with the labor law.
- In collaboration with the Deputy Country Director, hub team leads and hub based HR personnel, oversee the development of staffing and recruitment plan to ensure that each hub is staffed appropriately, according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of uniform HR and administration policies and procedures across the country program.
- Ensure staff hiring is conducted efficiently and in compliance with RI’s policies and national labor law for positions located at the Hubs and inside Syria.
- Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process.
- In consultation with the hub based HR & Admin Officers, ensure equity of salaries provided for selected candidates at the Hubs and inside Syria and their compliance to salary scales.
- Ensure that HR at the Syria Hubs have administrative excellence through the presence of a well-structured system for pre-employment documentation and personnel files which is in alignment with RI’s filing guidelines.
Compensation and benefits
- Ensure that the hub based HR teams are coordinating the Payroll preparation steps in a timely manner with the Missions’ HR Teams, for staff located inside Syria and Cross Border Staff.
- Coordinate payrolls and social security payments with relevant HR lead of the country mission that have delegated responsibilities for cross border staff as per the inter-agency agreements.
- Ensure the proper and accurate tracking of leaves of all cross border staff
- Assist in the periodic salary review and analysis, and revision of salary structures as appropriate.
- In coordination with hub team leads and relevant HR leads of the host country missions , ensure the timely processing of new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions and other change of status.
- Oversee the processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination in collaboration with relevant country missions’ HR leads and in accordance to the host countries’ labor law.
- Respond to employee related queries and provide services to all HR related inquiries and requests.
- Keep a standardized Personnel Manual updated and constantly communicate it, along with other HR policies to staff.
- Make sure that employees’ files are auditable at all times as per RI standards and any relevant donors’ requirements.
- Cooperate with RI’s Director of Training and Development to implement capacity building initiatives and motivate staff to participate.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Educated to degree level, with professional qualification in HR.
- At least 5 years of experience in an HR management position.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems in a remote context.
- Having a strong knowledge of relevant labor laws in the region will be an added advantage.
- Direct experience of organizing recruitment.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills, Arabic language skills will be highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel frequently to all hub sites and inside Syria (where security allows).
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
If you are interested to apply, kindly fill in your application on the link below: