Health Financing Advisor
Background Palladium is recruiting a Health Finance Advisor who will support the USAID/Jordan Health Finance and Governance Activity to support activities related to domestic resource mobilization for health. These responsibilities will require a person with knowledge on national and state governments budgeting and health finance issues, costing, and economic analysis. This is a full-time position based in Amman, Jordan and reporting to the Chief of Party.
Purpose of Role We are recruiting a Health Financing Advisor to provide content knowledge, technical assistance, and support for the development and execution of health financing and economics studies, strategic purchasing analyses, benefit package cost and financing assessments for health financing schemes, budgetary and bottleneck analysis at the national and sub-national levels. Methodologies that may be applied include system of health accounts, resource needs and gap analysis, cost studies, systematic literature reviews, qualitative or quantitative surveys, governance/regulatory assessments, unit costing, and financial feasibility of proposals for expansion of health programs and risk-pooling schemes. The health financing specialist will provide technical assistance to country policymakers, conduct studies, and write position papers, reports, and technical briefs to inform relevant audiences. The candidate will be required to determine methods and procedures on new assignments and both implement and manage other staff or consultants in carrying them out.
- Provides health financing expertise/technical assistance to national and subnational activities of the project, working with other technical staff and host country government institutions as per project requirements.
- Provides remote and on-the-ground technical, managerial, and operational oversight to specific projects and activities in settings related to areas of core expertise
- Analyses the economic and financing implications of enhanced access and improved quality of primary healthcare services
- Provides guidance to the government of Jordan and MOH regarding budgeting, costing, expenditure tracking and related areas
- Coordinates closely with the COP, DCOP, and other project technical leads to introduce new payment methods and manage health financing and economics related activities
- Provides analytical and evaluative techniques to identify, consider, and resolve health financing policy issues or problems.
- Uses various quantitative and qualitative techniques to perform financing and policy analysis tasks.
- Responsible for the development of activity-specific work plans and budgets.
- Participates in and prepares necessary technical and program-related reports, including presentations and white papers.
- Guides and supports research, data collection, policy formulation, training and capacity building efforts in support of project activities and deliverables.
- Ensures quality of services and compliance per project/program requirements.
- Provide functional guidance to outside vendors to ensure deliverables are met within timelines and budgets.
- Organizes as needed project/program trainings, conferences, workshops, and meetings.
- Interacts with internal and external resources and other experts to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches
- Prepares health financing analyses, recommendations, briefing notes, and assessments for internal and client use.
- Represent the project at health financing meetings/events and actively participate in relevant technical committees
- Document health financing success stories/lessons learned and produce publishable health financing materials including policy briefs and peer-reviewed articles
- Represents the projects, company, and programs in the health financing area in Jordan and regional forums, as well as with others in the professional community and in countries of collaboration independent of technical supervision
Minimum Education and Experience Required The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Advanced degree (MA, MSc, PhD) in economics or health economics with academic specialization in health financing or commensurate work experience in health finance
- At least 5 years of health finance experience
- Sound knowledge of Jordan’s governance and health finance landscape
- Sound knowledge of methodologies used in health finance research, economic analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis, quantitative analysis, and statistical/econometric analysis
- Knowledge of relevant literature related to topic area
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytic, financial, and evaluative skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a required timeframe..
- Ability to respond and adapt quickly to changing requirements and competing demands.
- Appropriate software skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct analysis of study data, such as STATA, SPSS, or equivalent
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required)
- Fluency in English required and Arabic language preferred
Palladium is an EEO/AA employer and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, and veterans. Interested Please submit your CV to the Palladium Group website. Applications close on Monday, October 29th. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=TWFya2lhLkVsbGlvdHQuNDc2NzEuMzgzMEBwYWxsYW…