EuroMed Feminist Initiative IFE-EFI is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil. You can visit our website to know more about our work: www.efi-ife.org
Starting January 1st 2021, EuroMed Feminist Initiative will implement a project “Strengthening access to protection, participation and services for women refugees, IDPs and host communities”, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis – MADAD. The overall objective is to improve the livelihood, agency and legal and social protection for Syrian women refugees, IDPs and host communities in Jordan.
In Jordan, EuroMed Feminist Initiative partners are Tamkeen and Business Development Center. The objectives are to improve livelihood of Syrian women refugees and host communities and to contribute to eliminating practical, social, cultural and legal barriers to their employment.
For this project, IFE-EFI is looking for a qualified staff to fill the Finance Officer position based in Amman to support operations in Jordan.
The Overall Responsibility as a Finance Officer is:
To work on overall financial monitoring and support capacity building for Jordan office and partners and to practice rigorous budgeting control mechanism.
To contribute to elaborating IFE-EFI’s financial procedures and policies and requirements from European Union (EU) that would contribute into the achievement of IFE-EFI’s goals and vision and particularly MADAD’s objectives.
We seek a person who:
- Participates in preparation of annual requests for funds (concept notes), budget and other funding requests; provides financial support to Program Team; prepares financial reports for activities using IFE-EFI specific format; close monitoring on budget and revision in collaboration with HQ
- Ensures accurately recording of all transactions made by cash or bank or any other form in the IFE-EFI financial system; monitors timely receipt and expenditure returns from Program Team and ensures correct data entry and reconciliation in the system; ensures that work advances are accounted for in line with IFE-EFI financial guidelines
- Manages daily operation in the area of accounting system which is in line with IFE-EFI and donor (ie. EU) requirements, maintains cash and non-cash transactions, manages bank transactions related to MADAD, ensures the use of proper and correct budget code; monitors cash payment and ensures the records or entries are up-to-date; pays attention on fluctuating exchange rate used for any transactions
- Provides feedback and enhances internal controls to satisfy IFE-EFI audit requirements; takes part of providing data and records during the audit process; reports immediately on irregular spending to Senior Finance and Accounting Officer or Country Manager as deemed appropriate
- Takes part of payroll preparation in line with national fiscal system under guidance of HQ Senior Finance Officer and HR Manager
- Complies with Finance and Procurement guidelines when dealing with any transactions; provides initiative to review current guidelines and proposes relevant recommendation
- Ensures proper financial documentation in Amman office; prepares well and sends documentation to HQ in timely manner; follows the financial check-list
- If required, reviews the partner financial reports; provides technical assistance with partners to enhance the finance and administrative organization and internal control
- Collects the leave request for Country Manager’s approval and sends them to HQ HR Manager prior to payroll; updates the leave balance accurately in timely; collects the time sheet and verifies accuracy before sending them to HQ HR Manager
- Initiates ‘the Welcome on Board’ session with new staff; with support of HQ HR Manager, takes the role of info-sharing to staff in relation to HR matters; prepares related statistics or reports related to HR
- Takes part of regular staff meeting and respects to the weekly task report in line with performance management
- If required, support IFE-EFI’s other project activities with guidance from Senior Finance and Accounting Officer and Country Manager.
This position reports directly to IFE-EFI’s Senior Finance and Accounting Officer who is based in Paris Headquarters.
Close collaboration with Country Manager in Jordan and Project Officer in Jordan, Accountant in Paris, and Finance team in Beirut.
- University degree in accounting or finance with preference professional certification in accounting.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Arabic is essential. French language is desirable.
- Excellent Microsoft Office application especially Excel. Desirable knowledge in financial system such as CIEL, SAP, Oracle etc.
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in finance and accounting is required.
- Proven experience in managing large budgets
- Demonstrated expertise in using accounting system
- Ability to provide technical guidance and advise especially to non-finance colleague
- Knowledge of Lebanese accounting principles
- Understanding of development field such as INGOs or institutional donor is desirable
- Demonstrated record of accurate and timely reporting**
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having excellent planning, organizational skills, and the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to complete task and meet deadline.
- Detail-oriented approach with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Communicates in a clear, precise and structured way, presents effectively.
- Ability to work in a multicultural team and with partners sharing IFE-EFI core values.
- This role is open for qualified Jordanian candidates.
- Duty station is in Amman.
- A fixed-term position with contract length of 12 (twelve) months extendable.
How to apply
Email your brief cover letter and CV to [email protected] by 20th December 2020. Please also indicate ‘Finance Officer Jordan’ as your email subject.