USAID Takamol has been dedicated to gender equity and women’s empowerment at policy, national, and community levels in Jordan since 2014. USAID Takamol partners with the Government of Jordan (GoJ) and civil society to support national efforts to incorporate gender considerations into policy-making in order to achieve equal rights and opportunities for men and women. With expertise and outreach from civil society partners, Takamol supports the GoJ to address gender priorities related to access to justice, political participation, inclusive education, and economic empowerment. Takamol empowers Gender Focal Points, strengthens gender-mainstreaming within institutions, provides grants for civil society advocacy, and convenes a Community of Practice with the objective of enhancing gender equity. The program is funded by USAID and implemented by IREX, an international nonprofit organization that builds a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world.
USAID Takamol is seeking a consultant to design and conduct an evaluation of new trainings to be delivered to teachers to build skills related to gender equity. The evaluation will be used to make improvements to and demonstrate the value of the training.
This evaluation will assess the effectiveness of the ToT delivered to the trainers and a sample of the trainings to be delivered to teachers. The evaluation will examine the extent to which training objectives were accomplished related to increased knowledge, change of attitudes and perceptions, and behavior change within teaching practices The evaluation with document strengths and weaknesses, recommending ways to improve the effectiveness of future rounds of the ToT and trainings.
- Finalize evaluation questions in coordination with USAID Takamol.
- Develop evaluation methodology and tools.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Draft evaluation report and present for discussion.
- Develop tools that partner entity can use to continue evaluating the effectiveness of the training in the future.
- Finalize evaluation report.
Timeframe and Location
This consultancy is planned to take place as soon as possible until December 2020, subject to the adjustment of schedule in accordance with the school calendar. Work will primarily take place and be delivered in Amman, Jordan, with the likely need for travel outside Amman for data collection. All travel costs outside of Amman will be covered by USAID Takamol.
Level of Effort
The estimate number of days for the evaluation of one ToT and follow-on trainings is 20 days. The level of effort will be determined in negotiation with the selected consultant depending on the proposed methodology and may be adjusted during implementation. To support evaluations of gender trainings for educators, USAID Takamol may award additional consulting days without further competition until 30 April 2020.
Desired Candidate Profile
- 5 years or more of experience conducting evaluations;
- Demonstrated experience working in the education field;
- Experience in gender-mainstreaming, preferably within the context of education;
- Strong understanding of social barriers related to gender issues within Jordan;
- Advanced in Arabic and English with excellent oral and written skills;
- Currently available and located in Jordan.
How to apply
How to Apply:
Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected] with the subject “Teachers Training Evaluation” by July 25, 2020.
- Cover Letter/Letter of Interest describing relevant experience conducting evaluations. Please highlight any experience related to gender and education.
- Daily rate
Applicants are encouraged to submit products developed under similar projects, such as evaluation reports. USAID Takamol will review applications on a rolling basis until the consultancy is filled.