CALL FOR APPLICANTS: EDUCATION FIELD OFFICER
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO IN-COUNTRY, ARABIC SPEAKING APPLICANTS ONLY.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Middle East Children’s Institute (MECI) seeks to empower vulnerable and underserved individuals living in our community by enabling them to live more independent, and productive lives.
MECI uses a holistic, child-centered approach to provide informal education services to out-of-school and vulnerable children. We focus on vulnerable Jordanian, host-community children and Syrian refugee populations. We complement our academic programming with arts, physical education activity, music and Life Skills courses. In doing so, we aim to serve our beneficiaries as whole people, acknowledging the difficulties they have endured and prepare them for opportunities ahead.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Education Field Officer will ensure the efficacy and success of MECI’s education programmes in Jordan. The main tasks and responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinate the execution of project activities according to the project proposal, implementation framework and management instruction
- Manage and support project field staff (principals, teachers, mobilisers and janitors) and ensure coordination between them
- Monitor project performance by collecting project information (beneficiaries information, records, surveys, assessments, success stories, activity pictures…); at times, support in processing this information may be required
- Liaise with the Educational Specialist and report on specific educational practices as requested to ensure MECI’s academic goals are met
- Liaise with the Directorate of Education focal point for all matters needing approval within the schools and report back to management.
- Organize project events like staff training, school life initiatives, community workshops and awareness sessions, youth training, community engagement activities, field trips, graduation ceremonies and any other relevant events.
- Ensure the proper and timely distribution of project materials and supplies.
- Provide monthly work plans to management along with weekly internal reports displaying past week achievements and upcoming tasks and objectives
- File programme-related documents in an accessible and organized manner.
- Complete additional administrative and operational tasks as determined by MECI management.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualified candidate must have each of the following:
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- Agree to fieldwork as necessary and long trips (incl. overnight stays) for monitoring, coordination and vital programmatic tasks.
- 3 or more years of experience in education, community development, humanitarian aid and/or project coordination o Professional working proficiency in English and fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal communications.
- Extreme attention to details and accuracy of delivery.
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong personal organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to result-oriented performances.
- Experience with children development programming on knowledge of Jordan’s education background in relation to the Syrian refugee crisis.
- A knowledge of INEE minimum standards for education.
- An understanding of the Syrian refugee crisis and its impact on Jordanian host communities
- Experience in liaising with governmental personnel and coordination with the Ministry of Education.
- Ability to work independently, with minimum supervision as well as within a team.
This is a temporary national contract of 6 months with the possibility of extension to 12 months depending on donor funding. Please note that the selected candidate must be able to start immediately.
How to apply
- Please send your CV, a motivational letter, and two professional references via e-mail to: [email protected]
- no later than Sunday, December 20, 2020.
- Please indicate the “Education Field Officer” Application on the Subject Line.
- Applications received outside of [email protected] will be disregarded.