Education Adviser Jordan & Syria
World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As**, Education Adviser Jordan & Syria** you will ensure the technical quality of WVI work in the Education sector in Jordan and Syria. You are responsible for:
- Ensuring quality implementation of Education programming from design to completion according to World Vision and global best practice.
- Development and revision of country sector strategies in line with One Syria and global Education in Emergency (EiE) strategies.
- Partnering with the Programmes teams to design Education programming across funding streams.
- Supporting the Operations teams to execute technically strong, quality programming that fulfils our donor promise.
- Provide external sectoral, governmental and donor representation for Education programming, including cultivation of partnerships.
- Build organisational capacity and provide training to support quality implementation and evidence-based practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education related field or Social Sciences.
- Understanding of principles and standards for Education in Emergencies.
- Creative and able to come up with, embrace and coordinate innovative thinking, partnership building and problem solving skills.
- Experience and willingness to take initiatives in all potential Education areas: early childhood education, care and development, basic literacy and numeracy, Remedial Education, etc.
- Effective in written and oral communication in English.
- The position requires 75% of the time to be office based.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 APR 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.