TERMS OF REFERENCE 1
Digital Content Development and Management Consultant “A”
Opportunity to provide consultancy service for digital content development and management for Soft Skill E-learning Course for persons with disabilities
Organization: Humanity & Inclusion (HI)
Deadline for submission: 12 September 2020
- About HI and the Project
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes ‘Humanity & Inclusion’ (HI). HI is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3,500 employees worldwide. HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers. For further information about the organisation please visit www.hi.org.
HI has been operating in Jordan since 2006, implementing projects ranging from the provision of comprehensive rehabilitation services, directly, through service providers or through a community based approach; inclusive local development, disability movement strengthening through capacity building of Disabled People’s Organizations and multi-stakeholder dialogue, among others.
The ‘Inclusive Employment in Jordan’ project is funded by DROSOS Foundation in four year period, from mid-2018 to mid-2022. The goal of the project is to achieve significant improvement in employability, access to decent work and socio economic participation for and by populations vulnerable to exclusion from the employment market.
- About the needs for consultancy
In response to the needs of people with disabilities who have difficulties in accessing in-person-trainings for employability skill development and who need to recap content provided through in-person trainings, HI is seeking proposals from consultant to transform training materials (in English and Arabic) into digital format and manage the process of developing digital content and platformfor existing soft-skill training for people with disabilities.
The training package includes eight modules with digitalizing process spreading into two phases:
- Pilot phase: managing the customization of digital platform and transformation of 3 modules (in English and Arabic) into digital format, from September 2020 to September 2021 (12 months)
- Scaled up phase: transformation of the remaining 5 modules (in English and Arabic) into digital format, from October 2021 to May 2022 (8 months)
HI is recruiting two consultants:
- Consultant A: to transform the training modules into digital format and to manage the customization of digital platform (overall management of the process and coordination with consultant B)
- Consultant B: to provide a digital platform and its customization to host the digital training
This ToR is for Consultant A and only covers the pilot phase. The engagement with consultant A might be extended to cover the scaled up phase depending on performance of consultant in the pilot phase.
- Objective of the consultancy and expected deliverables
The objective of the consultancy is to transform 3 modules of HI-Drosos soft skills training in English and Arabic into digital format and to manage the customization of digital platform that will host the digital training.
At the beginning of the consultancy, the consultant will develop a clear work plan in consultation with HI and covering contract period with detailed activities, expected results, specific timeline for each activity and product, responsibility of each party, resources required and sub-deliverables.
The work plan will include the following expected deliverables of the consultancy:
- Preparing existing content of soft-skill training into digital format, including but not limited to detailed storyboard, training flow and M&E tools
- Participating in the procurement process and evaluating proposals from technical service provider who provide digital platform
- Transforming adapted training materials into digital content (multimedia) and providing guidance for customization of digital platform
o One briefing document, ideally in two options, with clear description of style/ theme chosen;
o One set of multimedia materials produced according to work plan and compatible with the selected digital platform;
o Prompt responses incorporating all comments and suggestions from two rounds of reviews with project team and digital platform developer.
- Facilitating the test-run of digital platform with related stakeholders and target group and managing platform customization process using insights gained from test-run
- Organizing trainings for project team and beneficiaries in how to use the digital platform, in cooperation with service providers
- Producing an evaluation document which consolidates best practices, recommendations, and potential for scaling up the practice for other projects within HI and its partners
- Liaising with project team and keep them well inform of the process
Copyright and Ownership – The consultant will agree that HI and Drosos is the exclusive owner of all products created and other intellectual property. Any information given to the service provider shall remain the property of HI.
- Expected timeline
The service will be conducted within the period September 2020 to March 2021.
Building communication plan to inform related stakeholders of the digital learning course
Preparing and adapting learning materials (English and Arabic) to be used for digital platform
Transform training materials (English and Arabic) into digital format
Managing technical service providers throughout the customization of digital platform
Piloting digital platform for customization. Engage DPOs and project beneficiaries where possible.
Training the project team and beneficiaries in how to use the e-learning platform
- Duty station
Not specify, virtual
The maximum budget available for consultancy A is 20.000 euro.
- Service provider evaluation method and criteria
The logistics team at HI will request each bidder to provide information for each of the following criteria. Together with project team, Logistics team will select the service provider who best addresses HI’s interest
a) Competitive profile:
- experience working with local and international clients
- experience in designing e-learning content in multimedia format compatible to digital learning platform, especially content in Arabic and accessible format for persons with different abilities
- experience in managing the development process of digital content
- experience in managing technical supplier, in particular digital platform developers
- reference check with former clients
b) Delivery time meeting expectation
c) Competitive cost
d) Agree with the above copyright and ownership rule
HI is looking for a strong technical partner who has
- Educational Development Consultant
- At least 5 years of experience in educational engineering
- Solid experience in the creation of E-learning modules in English and Arabic
- Excellent mastery of computer creation tools
- Experience in designing guidelines and running trainings for digital platform users
- Demonstrated sensitivity to humanitarian work; experience in the field would be a real asset
- A critical and goal-oriented planner who is strong at tracking outcomes
- A finely tuned attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Strong experience in managing technical service providers
- Creative mind especially in problem solving
- Hands-on attitude
- Oral and written proficiency in English (mandatory) and Arabic (highly preferred) and the ability to distil complex issues into simple and compelling messages, paired with cultural sensitivity
- Know-how: adaptability, common sense and humour are good assets.
It would be an advantage if the consultant also has
- Knowledge of soft-skill content for job seekers
- Basic knowledge of multimedia content development tools
- Experience in developing materials in accessible format for persons with disability
How to apply
- How to apply
Interested service providers are invited to ask more information about the project and the training content by contacting Ms Lama Kilani, Drosos project manager, [email protected]
Service providers are requested to submit the following:
For the consultant:
- A letter of motivation
- A curriculum vitae (training, experience in the above-mentioned fields, list of main publications)
- Relevant client portfolio
A technical proposal (max 10 pages):
- A methodological proposal for the delivery of the service, highlighting at least: a good understanding of the objectives presented, a presentation of the methodological framework that will be implemented, suggestions/recommendations based on the experience of the applicants.
- A tentative schedule clearly specifying activities and the production of deliverables, from September 2020 to March 2021.
A detailed budget
- The technical proposal must be accompanied by a detailed budget based on the information mentioned in these ToR.
Service providers are requested to submit complete service proposal and supporting documents via email at [email protected]