World Education, Inc. seeks candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) based in Jordan for an anticipated multi-year USAID-funded program, subject to award. The project seeks to transform the organizational culture and capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms. Activities will include providing technical support to the GoJ and relevant stakeholders in organizational systems strengthening; monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL); evidence-based planning and decision-making; human resources management systems; and financial resource management.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) reports to COP and is responsible for overseeing implementation and ensuring high quality programming. Under COP supervision, the DCOP is responsible for day-to-day management, including management of project’s operations and administration, staff, activities, and sub-awards, and oversight of monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the COP to ensure that project objectives and targets are met in accordance with project indicators;
- Oversee and ensure coordination and program integration between senior and technical staff and a broad range of program partners;
- Work with the COP to identify and respond to partner needs for training, technical assistance, and capacity strengthening and facilitate systems strengthening and capacity building initiatives;
- Coordinate and, when appropriate, serve as key contact for CBOs, government and/or private sector partners;
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor guidelines;
- Keep abreast of technical developments and new research to inform an integrated program strategy;
- Collaborate with Technical and M&E teams for the compilation of timely and accurate reports related to progress and other reports as required for submission to the COP and onward submission to the donor;
- Provide substantive feedback to implementing partners on reports and budget expenditure;
- Ensure that aspects of gender, youth, and other underserved populations are fully considered in the project cycle;
- Assist with office operations, financial oversight and management of program staff.
- A bachelor’s degree and 8 years of professional experience in the education sector
- Five (5) years of prior experience designing and managing USAID-funded programs with multiple partners and strong knowledge of USAID program/financial management systems and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, managerial, leadership, communications and interpersonal skills;
- Prior work in Jordan or in the Middle East region is required; Jordanian candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent English writing, oral presentation and communication skills required.
- Fluency in English is required and Arabic language skills are desired; and
- Ability to work in Jordan.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
World Education improves the quality of life through education for half a million children and adults in 20 countries. World Education’s programs promote individual and collective change: Our training programs improve adult education, help displaced peoples, stem the tide of HIV, and reduce violence through conflict resolution. How do we do it? World Education is a leader in building the skills, knowledge and resources of local groups so they can accomplish their missions effectively.
We use experiential and engaging teaching techniques to help people and organizations develop skills that build on the learners’ context (cultural, linguistic, geographic, and economic), and include vital information about life and livelihoods—health, agriculture, small business development—that learners can put to immediate use.
Founded in 1951 to meet the needs of the educationally disadvantaged, World Education has worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as in the United States. Working in concert with private, public, and nongovernmental organizations, World Education initiatives support effective local management and promote partnerships between local organizations.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply
Please submit CV/resume and cover letter online at: [email protected]
World Education is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.