Data Journalism and Training Assistant
Internews Network is seeking a Data Journalism and Training Assistant candidate in Jordan to support a project that aims to build independent journalist/content producer capacity to use open data to promote government transparency and accountability. The data journalism & training assistant will use their research background to work with the Data Journalism Advisor and the Program Manager to develop materials such as local media examples and data sets for exercises, lead small group discussions, troubleshoot technical issues, explain difficult concepts and produce data stories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor project activities and achievements and reporting results in regular reports;
- Help organize training workshops for media and data partners;
- Provide any needed assistance during the duration of training workshops;
- Provide mentoring to and regular liaison with media partners throughout the life of the project to support content production;
- Organize seminars and workshops for local media professionals;
- Aid in preparing and assembling materials for monthly and quarterly reports, in compliance with donor guidelines;
- Support the data journalism advisor in day-to-day activities;
- Assist in developing materials for use in the training;
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholdingInternews’ Core Values.
- 2-5 years experience in coordinating training programs within a professional environment
- Excellent English language and communication skills, good command of Arabic
- Strong research, media management and/or journalism experience
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize with a shifting workload
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work well with others, meet deadlines, and respond to changes in priorities
- Focused on excelling in teamwork and productivity
- Background in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Intermediate level data analysis skills in Excel, SQL or other statistical software
- Experience leading or assisting with workshops