Children have the right to grow up in peace, free from fear and violence.
To develop their full potential and become the person they want to be.
War Child makes a lasting impact. By protecting children from violence and offering psychosocial support and education.
We unleash the children’s inner strength with our creative and involving approach.
And inspire as many people as we can to participate in our cause.
War Child is both implementing its own programmes and cooperating with a variety of partner organizations in 14 countries around the world.www.warchildholland.org
War Child Holland is looking for:
Data Clerk Volunteer
War Child Holland (WCH) is an independent and impartial international non-governmental organization investing in a peaceful future for children and young people affected by armed conflict.
We strive to empower children and young people while enabling adults to bring about positive and lasting change in the lives of conflict affected children and young people.
Quality Department aim to conduct their annual quality assurance assessment for all WCH projects that were implemented in Jordan for the year 2021-2022.
The person who will be selected will be the focal point for the data collection for the sampled participants and respecting data collection ethics.
Tools and samples will be given to the data collector under the supervision of the MEAL Officer.
The Data Clerk volunteer will work closely with the Monitoring Evaluation Accountability & Learning (MEAL) Officer to help manage all the monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning data collection related to WCH projects.
This role will primarily be leading the data entry processes and supporting the MEAL Officer.
And to monitor the data submission on a daily and weekly basis and report that to the MEAL Officer who will be responsible to.
Duties and Responsibility
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data collection methods.
- Data collection through phone calls and FGD.
- Data Entry.
- Maintain proper filing system for collected paper data and index papers by sorting & clipping all data & keeping them in safe custody.
- Perform work & excel processing and other computer duties as required.
- Ensure that the organization’s child safeguarding policy and code of conduct are adhered to during beneficiary data collection.
- Enter, amend & retrieve all needed data on the management information system using electronic tablets according to the MEAL Officer instructions.
- Enter, amend & retrieve all needed data on paper/hard copy as needed
- Good using Microsoft office like Excel and Word.
- Good experience using Kobo toolbox.
- Good experience conducting FGD.
- Good using a Google drive.
- Have experience in working with data such as data collection / data cleaning/ data analysis.
- At least 2 years’ experience in data collection.
- Experience in working for (I)NGO is an asset
- Excellent communication skills with people.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills: MS word, Excel and Power Point, MIS systems, tablet software
- Team player.
- Accurate and systematic.
- Commitment to War Child’s aims, values and mission
- A dynamic and challenging work environment, with opportunities to grow and enhance your skills.
- Working as part of a multinational team committed to support children affected by violent conflict, with relevant expertise and experience.
N.B. War Child will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserves the right to close the vacancy if a successful candidate is identified prior to the deadline. Appointment of a successful candidate remains subject to funding.
The safety of children is essential to War Child. War Child does not tolerate or accept any form of abuse. This subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
War Child prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We support & promote diversity & inclusion, and we will consider all qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their CV to the email address [email protected]
Please reference “Data Clerk” in the subject line of your email application. Failure to do so will withdraw your application.