Job classification: Administrative / Managerial
Management: UK office
Line Manager: GM UK
Location of position: Amman, Jordan
Job Summary, the goal and purpose of the job
- We are seeking a dynamic and ambitious Country representative with the necessary skills and experience to lead the development and growth of WATAN in Jordan and its South Syria operations, with a particular focus on developing and expanding new donor relationships.
- The Country Rep will lead on the growth of WATAN in Jordan, providing effective management and taking responsibility for administration of WATAN within the strategic and accountability frameworks established by the Executive Management.
- The Country Representative will serve as the primary representative of WATAN in Jordan. Responsibilities will include engaging donor and INGO offices in Jordan, drive funding opportunities, influence proposal and project development, coordinating project activities and providing technical/management support on project as required. The Country Representative may also oversee a small operational staff and ensure adherence to all project objectives, performance requirements, and donor regulations.
- He/she will be an excellent communicator and partnership builder, target focused, with high achievement on growing new relationships (particularly external institutional funding) and establishing WATAN as a key provider in Jordan of charitable activities to Syrians in Southern Syria.
- The Country representative will help administrate the Jordan office, and recruit staff teams in Jordan, ensuring the sound recruitment and retention of high quality staff.
Tasks and Responsibilities of the Job
- Develop strategies to ensure strong representation to key donors and stakeholders, local governments and authorities, international organizations, and other appropriate networks.
- Create new partnerships with high performing and likeminded agencies to jointly pursue funding in areas of common and complementary interest.
- Drive funding opportunities end to end
- Orchestrate activities globally to serve funding opportunities and project delivery
- Ensuring that WATAN fulfils its constitutional, regulatory, legal and Accounting obligations including for mutating ,successfully implementing and monitoring all necessary policies and procedures
- Ensuring that WATAN has the human, material and financial resources it needs to operate effectively including building and maintaining an effective senior management team
- Protecting and enhancing the reputation and brand of WATAN.
- Seeking out, developing and implementing new strategies for income generation expanding and promoting awareness of WATAN’s work.
- Liaise with relevant national-level stakeholders: government, civil society, multilateral organizations, the private sector, and academia; and work to identify and engage stakeholders in our strategic areas
- Ensure compliance with donor administrative and financial requirements.
- Oversee the management of all security issues, including appropriate response to emergency situations as they arise.
- Pursue strategic alliances with key institutional donors and INGOs (already partnered and new relationships)
- Oversea short-term and medium-term strategic planning for implementation of high quality programs in Southern Syria
- Identify opportunities for appropriate expansion and growth of programs
- Increase Jordan/South Syria program value through new public and private funding to reach more people
- Proactively pursue strategic growth opportunities especially in those areas which align with the organisational strategy; ensure active pre- positioning and capture planning.
- Responsible for the effective management of Jordan financial, administrative and human resources.
- Minimum qualification: University degree (Masters)
- Required profession: Humanitarian, Development or Social Sciences or Management or engineering or Economics or any related
- Languages: English and Arabic (reading, writing and speaking)
- Ability to travel
- Experience in managing multisector programs for at least 5 years
- Experience in managing donor funding cycle for at least 5 years
- Experience in managing programme managers and senior-level staff
- Strong knowledge in financial management
- Ability to review internal reports and issue general reports, reflecting the implementation of plans and linking them to WATANs vision
- High organizational skills
- Awareness of the responsibilities of working within a legal framework
- Knowledge of international humanitarian standards and protection standards
- Ability to plan and manage meetings
- High managerial skill and team leadership
- Experience collaborating with diverse stakeholders, such as local NGOs, government officials, donor representatives, and local and international staff.
- Ability to respond to requests on short notice and simultaneously plan and execute several activities.
- Proven experience hiring, training, and supervising teams of local staff.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills, with the ability to build and motivate diverse teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Personal skills requirements
- High skill in communicating and sharing information
- Ability to innovate
- Ability to withstand work pressure
- High management skills and team leadership
- Writing skills
- Ability to solve problems
- The ability to stimulate learning and development
- Ability to assign and follow up tasks for team members
- High capacity in time management
Office based with possibility of travel as required. Based in Amman, Jordan
All staff are required to adhere to WATAN Standards for Professional Conduct in addition to the policies and procedures
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If appropriate CVs are not received in this time, recruitment will continue on a rolling basis.