Consortium Information Management Senior Officer– Amman
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
DRC Jordan office looking for a motivated Consortium Information Management Senior Officer, the person will be responsible for implementing the IM work plan, monitoring its implementation and ensuring high quality standards of data collection, storage, sharing, dissemination, and providing continual technical support to all partners.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Chief of Party. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Be the main focal point for all partners for any matters related to database, information management and data collection.
· Be the focal point with the external consultant for the maintenance of the consortium IM PRIDE system.
· To ensure collected data is stored, shared and analyzed in line with the DRC Data Protection SOP, including through regular and refresher trainings (Directly or through the assistant)
· Manage the data collection software account and ensure proper, authorized usage by designated partner staff; Directly or through the assistant.
· Support the assistant in ensuring all data is consolidated from partners into one central database to be used by program management (PRIDE)
· Support the assistant in identifying missing data, and follow up with the team to correct errors and improve data quality for all teams;
· Adapt the database based on emerging needs, and new programming requirements and indicators.
· Support the assistant and the partners’ IT focal point in ensuring high quality data collection including technical support/troubleshooting if needed.
· Oversee development of all data collection forms, including their creation and transfer to the data collection software (Kobo)
· Ensure all data collection forms meet the necessary standards and requirements as outlined in the Data Protection SOP.
· Ensure data collected is well-organized and easily readable/usable, and data is easily disaggregated into sex/gender, age, date and type of assistance received (Through the Assistant);
· Support the Protection Analyst and the CoP in analyzing the collected data on a regular basis and provide relevant inputs to ongoing reporting.
· Manage the database assistant
· Commit to a strict adherence to the protection principles, including confidentiality and always acting in the best interests of the beneficiaries.
· Communicate, collaborate, share information and ensure a transparent, efficient and accurate flow of information with all partners
· Inform the direct supervisor about any challenges, difficulties and concerns in the implementation of activities
· Comply with DRC policies and practices with respect to code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
· In agreement with line manager, perform other required duties within reason (in line with skills and experience).
Required / Desirable
· University degree in statistics, computer science, political science, humanitarian affairs or other relevant area;
· Jordanian national;
· Professional knowledge of excel and mobile data collection apps;
· Professional knowledge of the windows environment
· Strong capacity in terms of data management (including relevant software) and visualization;
· Proven experience using tablets, including software, applications and tablet security;
· Proven capacity to draft reports
· Understanding of data security and protection policies;
· Direct experience and/or some knowledge of humanitarian assistance programming;
· Native Arabic speaker
· Fluency in English
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 5 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 14 May 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.