World Vision International
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position Title: Community Mobilization Officer
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via below website, only applications submitted via our website are accepted
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The purpose of this position to lead and manage the community mobilization unit in Peace Centre under the direct supervision of the Child Protection Coordinator and in collaboration with other staff members with quality standards aiming at improving community members and child protection committee role within the camp, the Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for Managing, planning, organizing, coaching and reporting the unit achievement, challenges and success, within the timeline and the budget planned in Child Protection in Emergency for Azraq Camp Project
Also leading the process of planning for different outreach and mobilization activities such as, surveys, Door to Door mobilization, Initiatives and Community Campaigns.
· Manage, Coach, supervise & provide a technical support to Outreach facilitators on their daily work
· Provide a capacity building training for Outreach facilitators on different topics as, (Communication, mobilization, Outreach, Initiatives planning & Documentation)
· Providing an updated follow-up & Database forms on weekly basis for outreach IBV’s Capacity needs assessment should conduct to identify the strength and weakness points for IBV’s to develop a capacity building plan
· Enrolling Outreach IBV’s in formal actors training opportunity
· Regular meeting with outreach to check the accuracy of data and information collected
· Developing and outreach & Door to Door campaigns
· Providing Outreach IBV’s with all needed data & Information regarding registration, Pre & Post formats
· Developing an archiving system ensuring all collected data & Information were sorted and filtered on time manner
· Following up on database, registration & filling attendance on regular basis
· Developing an interviews form to interview and select Outreach IBV’s
· Developing an internal performance evaluation tool for IBV’s regular evaluation
· Establishing and strengthening community-based Child Protection Committees (CP&A Group)
· Liaise with community leaders and parents to introduce program activities and encourage community involvement in program implementation and monitoring.
· Facilitate CP&A module processes in identifying the child protection risks, gaps & concerns, to develop an action plans to address those risks on self-help basis or using the resources available in the community
· Develop strong relationships with (CP&A) members and also maintain contacts with the relevant Humanitarian actors & Local authorities, in order to support the participation and inclusion of camp population.
· Organize appropriate social, recreational and cultural activities in the Peace Centre which enhance social cohesion
· Collect information on the CP needs and concerns through community activity engaging CP&A Members
· He/ She is responsible on conduct information campaigns, implement complaints and feedback mechanism in the Peace Centre, ensure that vulnerable groups and people with specific needs are represented and participate in Peace Centre Programs
· Build capacity of the (CP&A) groups in community governance and community mobilization, to ensure that they can effectively participate to the camp life, passing information to the camp population, advocate for the needs of their own community and influence humanitarian assistance delivery.
· Strengthening daily the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
· Presenting CPHA project as focal point in Different partner meetings as (CSMI, CPWG, Etc.)
· Discovering, Identifying Monitoring & Referring child protection cases as per the agreed interagency protocols and procedures
· Assist Peace centre facilitators in conducting parents and Feedback Meetings & Sessions
· Documentation process as following up on the preparing regular reports, action plans and follow up and feedback tools
· Providing regular reports of (Outreach, Registration, Issues , Achievements and challengies)
· Supporting on conducting Child Protection Induction sessions for new staff & IBV’s commers with in other Projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Bachelor degree in a social work, related field, (Education, psychology, sociology or specialized education).
· Knowledge of child protection / child rights
· Good command of Arabic and English
· Computer literate mainly with MSOffice software package Good communication skills and ability to build collaborative relationships
· Ability to deal with children and people from different cultures and backgrounds
· Ability to foster a good team spirit
· Ability to transmit information correctly with accountability and maintain confidentiality
· Animation skills and child friendly attitude
· Voluntary spirit
· Team management skills
· Sociable and presentable
· Work under pressure
· Creative with coming up with new ideas & activities
· 3-5 years of experience of working with children, adolescents and parents;
· Experience in Community Mobilization, advocacy & Motivating Communities
· Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, Community and Family Support as well as Child Protection Minimum standards.
· Interest in areas of child protection and/or education; background of dealing with children & young people.
· Must be computer literate, with knowledge and hands on skills with email and in MS Office Word and Excel. Experience with Power Point and Project Management software is an asset.