With support from the Advocacy, Media and Communications Director, the Communications Manager will lead on and manage the communications (both internal and external) work for the SRO and its operational workflow process, to ensure that all different areas and programmes are on track for the delivery of all communications materials, that advocacy messages are reflected in SC SRO work and that the communications products coming out of the SRO meet the SC quality standards. He/she should be a dynamic team player who takes initiative to propose and follow through on new ideas, to raise the visibility of the organisation, celebrate success, promote campaigns and advocacy partnerships and develop innovative ways to communicate to target audiences. He/she will support the production and quality control of communications material including case studies, videos, photos and graphics, produce fundraising materials and to communicate the situation for children to public supporters.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
* University degree or equivalent experience in journalism, media, communications or similar discipline.
* High level of both spoken and written English and Arabic.
* At least five years of professional experience in communications, multimedia, journalism, media or external communications work in an INGO or media setting.
* At least two year of experience communications material production.
* Experience and understanding of the in-Syria and regional Syrian crisis.
* Previous INGO experience.
* Previous multimedia production experience.
* Save the Children previous experience.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector (if you prefer to add a specific salary range please do).
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=aGViYWFrLjYwODg4LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZ…