Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID Jordan Tourism Support Activity. The project aims to promote economic growth and trade by supporting the tourism sector in Jordan through policy reforms, sectoral and destination tourism support, and engagement with the private sector.. The chief of party will be the primary point of contact for USAID/Jordan for all matters pertaining to the day-to-day management and implementation of the program. This position will be based in Jordan with travel throughout the country. Please note that the position is contingent upon program award. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for the entire project, ensuring an integrated vision among different actors, with a focus on achieving the objectives and results
- Serve as the primary point of contact for USAID/Jordan on all matters related to the day-to-day management and implementation of the program
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate program adjustments
- Manage project field staff
- Maintain key stakeholder relations with USAID/Jordan, Jordanian government counterparts, and other public and private sector stakeholders
- Advanced degree in tourism, hospitality, business, or a relevant field preferred; bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 15 years of experience managing complex, multidisciplinary donor-funded international economic growth and development programs, including three years of experience as a chief of party or equivalent
- Versed in business competitiveness with experience leading institutional strengthening and regulatory reform, and enhancing policy advocacy in a developing country context
- Demonstrated practical experience developing tourism at local and national levels through market-oriented approached that enhance products, diversify experiences, improve quality, and open new international markets to suppliers and operators
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with senior government personnel, NGO partners, host-country citizens, U.S. and foreign government organizations, other donors, and the private sector
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Experience working in Jordan or elsewhere in the Middle East and North Africa region preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English is required; proficiency in Arabic preferred
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to [email protected] no later than January 15, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.