Chief of Party
The Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) activity will foster resilience and stability in conflict-affected communities across Syria to prevent the re-emergence of extremist organizations such as ISIS, the counter the influence of malign actors such as Iran, empower communities to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict, and pave the way for safe, dignified, voluntary return of internally displaced persons and refugees. BRICC will work to restore essential services in Syria; promote and strengthen inclusive, participatory, accountable and transparent governance; restore livelihoods; and expand access to education and vocational training. BRICC is anticipated to be a five-year, multi-task order IDIQ.
Creative Associates International, Inc. (Creative) is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated donor-funded project for Syria, to be based in Jordan. The COP is to be based in Amman, Jordan and will be responsible for the technical leadership and in-country management of the project. S/he will oversee the long-term expatriate and local staff and short-term experts in achieving project results. The COP ensures compliance with all terms of the project contract and all relevant donor rules and regulations. The COP will also take the lead in coordinating with donor representatives and other U.S. Government (USG) actors as well as other implementing partners.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Chief of Party will report to the Project Director at Creative headquarters.
- Manages and is responsible for technical and financial performance of the project;
- Provides technical direction, leadership, and oversight of all administrative matters;
- Ensures technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to Creative’s policies and procedures and consistent with donor regulations;
- Develops and implements work plans for project activities;
- Oversees implementation of project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures that project results are met;
- Supervises development and submission of project deliverables and provides timely and accurate reporting and briefings to Donor/Stakeholders on all program areas;
- Oversees implementation of Creative’s security protocols and provides leadership in handling security-related issues; and
- Manages project team in a manner that is open and respectful and encourages professional development and solicits constructive staff input.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a relevant field is required; Master’s degree is preferred;
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of relevant experience working in governance programs, including experience with a Contractor or International Non-Governmental Organization with demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge establishing systems and overseeing start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out;
- Experience in the hiring and supervising of host country local personnel and ensuring, when need arises, that they secure necessary training required to meet program needs;
- Financial management experience, including budgeting; financial management (tracking, reporting, and accounting); and procurement with knowledge of USG rules and regulations;
- Experience with activity design, development, and implementation;
- Strong management and leadership skills, including the ability to mentor staff;
- Past representational experience with host governments, other donors, and civil society and demonstrated success with inter-agency coordination and joint programming;
- Fluency in English;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Strong analytical capacity.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Arabic fluency desired;
- Experience working in Syria, the Middle East and/or conflict zones;
- Experience working on programs relating to post-conflict and essential services mobilization; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-…