Chief Financial and Contracts Officer
The Building Resilient and Inclusive Communities in Conflict (BRICC) activity will foster resilience and stability in conflict-affected communities across Syria to prevent the re-emergence of extremist organizations such as ISIS, the counter the influence of malign actors such as Iran, empower communities to negotiate a peaceful resolution to the conflict, and pave the way for safe, dignified, voluntary return of internally displaced persons and refugees. BRICC will work to restore essential services in Syria; promote and strengthen inclusive, participatory, accountable and transparent governance; restore livelihoods; and expand access to education and vocational training. BRICC is anticipated to be a five-year, multi-task order IDIQ.
The Chief Financial and Contracts Officer (CFCO) will be based in Amman, Jordan. S/he will provide overall financial management, procurement and administrative functions. S/he will work closely with the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). This position will also be a liaison with the Home Office to ensure full compliance with regulations and policies regarding implementation of effective internal controls.
Reporting & Supervision:
The CFCO will report to the DCOP and supervise a finance team and a contracts team.
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures in line with Creative policies and USG rules and regulations;
- Ensure that the project meets all donor contractual requirements and complies with donor policies and regulations;
- Receive and account for all funds for the project (performing weekly and monthly cash checks).
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Participate in budget planning and realignments as required;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office, and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing spreadsheet programs for tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining spreadsheets with current project expense data;
- Provide Project Director/HQ updates on the status of fund requests and work with Finance and Contracts (F&C) in Washington, DC to ensure the timely transfer of funds;
- Submit wire transfer requests for field offices to F&C for processing;
- Process check requests and wire transfer requests for payments to vendors in compliance with contract requirements;
- Review and process invoices and in-field fee payments in accordance with Creative accounting procedures and contract policies;
- Work closely with field-based subcontractors to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to Creative/USAID policies and procedures;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Maintain project financial and contractual files;
- Develop financial procedures manual;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Maintain a database of accounting documents, in both electronic and hard copy;
- Consolidate accounting data into a monthly return to be forwarded to Headquarters in paper and electronic copies;
- Prepare the requisite financial documents and vouchers;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to F&C for review and approval by the Controller;
- Coordinate with USAID regarding the management of U.S. dollars and local currencies;
- Ensure monthly field expense reports; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in accounting or financial management desired; B.S. degree with at least 10 years of experience in finance, accounting, contracting, audit, or another relevant field required;
- Previous financial management of a donor-funded project, preferably USAID, within the MENA region;
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. Government rules and regulations related to contracts and procurement required;
- Public or private sector management, financial analysis, cost accounting and relevant experience preferably in developing countries;
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise a complex financial management or general ledger system; and
- Fluency in English.
Only finalists will be contacted. Local applicants are strongly preferred.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-…