Cash Monitor (Jordanian nationals only)
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
Position: CASH MONITOR
Based in: Amman with travel on a regular basis to PUI intervention areas.
Under the direct supervision of: Cash Program Specialist
Direct management of: N/A
Indirect management of : N/A
Works in cooperation with: Project managers, Projects officers, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and learning (MEAL) department, administrative and logistics teams
ABOUT PREMIERE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE (PUI)
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental international aid organization operating in more than 20 countries and relying on more than 30 years of experience in responding to the fundamental needs of crisis affected populations. Present in the Middle East since 1996, PUIPUI conducts multi-sectoral humanitarian and resilience programming in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine and Yemen. PUI provides relief assistance (health and nutrition, water and sanitation, rehabilitation, food security and non-food item distribution, protection) and supports early recovery. PUI’s actions are guided by principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, accountability, adaptability, transparency, cooperation and partnership, involvement, dialogue, initiative, and trust.
In Jordan, PUI has been responding since 2013 to the needs of most vulnerable populations affected by the Syria crisis in host communities. Through a community-based approach, the objectives of PUI in Jordan are the following:
• Provide emergency/life-saving cash assistance to most vulnerable population to meet their basic needs
• Improve access to services for most vulnerable populations in host communities
• Support initiatives at community level to ensure social cohesion and economic empowerment opportunities for most vulnerable populations
Under the direct supervision of the Cash Program Specialist, she/he is in charge to support the good implementation of cash distribution activities within the activities she/he handles. She/he operates in line with PUI code of conduct, internal policies and specific guidelines (e.g. external SoPs in case of partnership or consortium).
She/he will support the Cash Program Specialist as necessary to ensure the quality of the implementation of cash distribution in the field. She/he will support the Cash Program Specialist as focal point for all cash activi ties within PUI projects.
Responsibilities and tasks
Objective 1: To support the organization of cash distribution activities and participates in the follow-up with the Financial partner (exchange company, Bank…..)
• She / he will support the Cash Program Specialist in ensuring the implementation of the cash distributions according to the work plan and to maintain updated distribution plans
• She / he will ensure that targets are met for all basic needs cash interventions and PUI Cash procedures are properly implemented
• She/ he will support the Cash Program specialist in anticipating distributions in accordance with projects’ timeframe.
• She/he will flags any implementation issues as soon as the arise, and independently problem-solves and adapts plans to keep programming on track
• She/He will prepare the distribution materials, directly managing cash distributions across multiple sites and caseloads of beneficiaries with the support of the program team.
• As per request by Program Cash Specialist, she / he will liaise with external partners such as UNHCR to ensure the feasibility and smooth distributions
• She/he will ensure the collection of all the supporting documents required for cash distribution from the exchange company, the bank or the beneficiaries (depending on the distribution modalities)
• She/he will ensure the verification, translation and proper archiving of these documents.
• She/he will liaise with the Admin and M&E departments to share the supporting documentation as per the distribution guidelines.
Objective 2: To collaborate with Program Cash Specialist ensuring the good quality of cash activities related to the project implementation and facilitate its monitoring and evaluation.
• She/he will support the continuous follow-up and monitoring of the cash distribution activities in accordance with the PMT if applicable and as defined with her/his manager.
• She/he will follow the projects action plan and will review them with her/his manager. She/ he will alert the Program Cash Specialist of any delay or challenges faced by the projects implementation for adjustments to be made.
• She/he will inform her/his manager of any relevant issue related to the project implementation or the respect of PUI policies by the field teams, ensuring that proper policy, standards & codes of conduct are enforced
Objective 3: To participate in the reporting and production of relevant information about the project implementation.
• Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will contribute to the lessons learnt exercise and support the collect of success stories. She / he will support the documentation and the report of success stories.
• She/he will help the M&E department and her/his manager to collect accurate data as per requested by her/his direct supervisor.
• She/he will participate in writing monthly reports on the activities implemented as requested by the Cash Program Specialist and as per relevant to the project.
• She / he reports on other issues as per requested by line manager
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
• University degree in Economy, Business Administration, Political Science or related field.
• 1 year previous experience in project implementation in the Humanitarian Field in a similar role; OR 2 or more years previous experience in project implementation in the Humanitarian Field as a field worker or similar role with evidence of the ability to succeed in this role.
• Experience in cash programing is a plus
• Good command of English, oral and written
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Required interpersonal skills:
• Commitment to PUI’s work policies and standards as well as to humanitarian values
• Good communication skills in her/his relation with local authorities, partners and INGOs in the field
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
• Good analysis and synthesis abilities
• Honest, trustworthy and respectful of populations addressed by PUI programs
• Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
• Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
Knowledge of and previous successful experience with PUI is an advantage
Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations,
All employees are expected to abide by the humanitarian principles, the Code of Conduct, PUI Charter and PUI above-mentioned values.
• To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter both in English with at least 2 reference contacts to [email protected]. Please state the job title “Cash Monitor” and your name in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).
• Deadline for applications is 4th of August 2017
• Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Due to the urgency of the recruitment, the position might be filled before the closing date.
PUI strives to be an equal opportunities employer. PUI is committed to equality of opportunity and to non-discrimination for all job applicants and employees, and we seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce regardless of gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.