About the role
Crown Agents is seeking a Capacity Building Manager in Yemen or Jordan to support a Humanitarian project.
Background and Objective for Project
GPSY is a UK funded programme that will contribute to supporting both the conditions needed for peace as well as laying the foundations for a more stable Yemen through a flexible response mechanism closely aligned to community level needs to allow entry for sectoral service delivery support.
The GPSY is designed to be an ambitious and innovative governance, peace and stability focused programme which builds on the UK’s stabilisation experience and aims to support in three primary ways:
- By providing a flexible, adaptive and responsive platform to rapidly design and deliver projects that reflect Yemen’s political and security context.
- Act as a catalyst to drive donor coordination and co-operation linking to humanitarian-development-peace-nexus.
- Act as a repository library for all donors combined programme learning, research and analysis.
Scope of Activities and Tasks
The Capacity Building Manger will be responsible for identifying the capacity enhancement needs to national and local partners. The Capacity Building Manager will work with other staff to design and ensure the delivery of capacity building support to partners and staff.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing GPSY capacity enhancement framework.
- Conducting and reviewing partner capacity assessment to identify priority areas for organisational and technical strengthening.
- Support and work with partners to create Capacity Enhancement Plans.
- Facilitate and train partners as needs arise on technical or organisational subject matters.
- Design training modules and deliver remote training to multi-capacity partner organisations.
Capacity Building Manger will be a full time or part time position. Expected duration is two years from contract start date.
Capacity Building Manager can be based in Jordan or Yemen.
· Professional diploma or university degree in HR, Finance, Accounting or Business administration
· Excellent oral and writing skills in English
· Excellent oral and writing Arabic language skills are essential .
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position.
· Previous training and facilitation experience necessary.
· Experience working with civil society organisations.
· Previous experience of working in protracted crises environments.
· Previous experience working with international donors i.e. UN, FCDO
· Organized, flexible, proactive, autonomous, excellent attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality and good interpersonal skills.
You’ll be working with Crown Agents which is a high impact social enterprise passionate about transforming the future for millions of people. Since our creation in 1833 we have worked across the globe to improve public services and drive economic growth. Our expertise is finding new solutions to difficult problems for clients in the areas of health, governance, economic growth, humanitarian action and supply chain services. We work with and train leaders at local, national and international level to achieve lasting change drawing on our insight and experience.
About what’s on offer
Crown Agents offers a competitive benefits package.