Associate Regional ICT Officer
Under the technical supervision of the Regional ICT Officer or Administrative Officer, the incumbent implements the ICT operational plan in the region. He/she provides technical supervision and guidance to locally recruited staff and ensures that ICT equipment is fully operational at all times. The incumbent receives technical support and guidance from their supervisor.
Internally, the incumbent liaises directly with Service Delivery Teams in the region on a daily basis as well as with end users to clarify, analyse and resolve reported issues. S/he may also liaise with external service providers, as required, to resolve escalated infrastructure issues.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate degree (equivalent of a BA/BS) in Information Systems, Telecoms or related fields plus minimum of 3 years of previous job experience in the ICT support. Graduate degree (equivalent of a Master¿s) plus 2 years or Doctorate degree (equivalent of a PhD) plus 1 year of previous relevant work experience may also be accepted.
- Knowledge of radio systems, LAN installation and support, messaging infrastructure.
- Knowledge of LAN configuration and network implementation.
- Knowledge of different satellite and terrestrial communications and network systems.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of another UN language.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES:
- Hands-on experience with wireless and VOIP systems and knowledge of Windows 200/2003 Server, Linux Server, and network monitoring software an asset.
- Working knowledge of any other official UN language.
Interested candidates should apply on the UNHCR Career Page/international vacancies section here: http://www.unhcr.org/careers.html.
Deadline for applications: Thursday 12 July 2018 (midnight Geneva time).
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.