Construction Manager I, Azraq,Jordan
Jordan – Amman, Azraq
The work location for this position is on the Muwaffaq-Salti Air Base (MSAB) in Jordan.
AECOM is seeking a Construction Manager to support the construction effort in the country of Jordan. The Construction Manager (CM) will read, interpret, and decipher all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, etc.), participate in design reviews, and ensure that all construction is performed in accordance with the construction documents. Reviews construction sites daily, documents the reviews on AF Form 1477, and files the documentation in the project folder. Reviews shop drawings and product submittals and provide recommendations through the Site Lead.
Monitors, inspects, documents, and advises on all projects to include troop labor construction. Updates project data from all active construction projects in an integrated master schedule at least weekly. Verifies measurements, construction adequacy, and work being completed IAW the plans and specifications.
Performs daily site visit. Typical site visits shall last thirty (30) minutes at each construction site to provide sufficient time to note progress and any issues. Site visits occur at a minimum of two (2) times per week separated by at least one (1) calendar day. Attends weekly construction meetings with the specific projects to ensure the Project Managers are informed of the most up to date information.
Advises and/or assists construction Contractors to resolve escort and access issues, as applicable.
Safety – AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality – Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance – Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- At least 5 years of experience coupled with a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in any engineering, construction technology, or construction management discipline; or 8 years of experience instead of 5 years of experience and a qualifying degree.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and deciphering all construction documents (schedules, specifications, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and related documents).
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills.
- Capable of working in environments of extreme heat, solar intensity, dryness, humidity, and physically capable of handling basic activities such as lifting, walking, climbing stairs, and others in extreme environments.
- Position requires a DOD Secret Security Clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have current passport with more than 12 months validity.
- Must pass medical/dental screening, receive required immunizations, and complete Government deployment preparation.
- Experience in the following software: AutoCAD 2016, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft (MS) Office 365, Structural Analysis and Design (STAAD), Primavera and MS Project
- Fluent in the Arabic language.
- Prior deployed OCONUS work experience.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Construction Management
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 226477BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.