Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator (Readvertised)
The Advocacy and Campaigns Coordinator supports the AMC Director in drafting and implementing country-wide advocacy and campaigns plans, talking points, reports, campaigns and external lobbying activities. The Advocacy & Campaigns Coordinator also supports the programme teams to develop and carry-out child participatory advocacy and campaigning activities, collaborate with the programme teams to ensure that external messaging is consistent, and identify and build relationships with key stakeholders at the local and national levels.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Advocacy, Media and Communications Director
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
· Support the development and implementation of an Advocacy and Campaigns strategy for the SRO, focusing on the impact of conflict and displacement on children, analysing policy gaps, and identifying and building relationships with key stakeholders
· Engage with external stakeholders, including other NGOs and civil society, UN actors, etc. to ensure up-to-date information and policy analysis on the situation for conflict-affected children in Syria, challenges, funding, policy priorities, coordination, and other issues.
· Support the SRO and the regional team to develop advocacy risk assessments for the activities and objectives in the Syria advocacy and campaigns strategy.
· Be the focal point for programme teams and management on implementing the national campaign plans, and support programme teams to incorporate child-led campaigning and advocacy activities
Advocacy and situation analysis & materials
· Provide analysis of short- and long-term issues for Syria’s children, particularly education, child protection, and MHPSS, as well as of other factors such as UN coordination, funding for the response, security and current and future challenges
· Identify key advocacy opportunities and targets at local and national levels, and mobilize programme and management advocacy support for these
· Ensure strong linkages between advocacy and programmes, and that advocacy is evidence based.
· Draft and otherwise support the production of advocacy products for use at local and national levels
Representation and coordination
· Ensure coordination of advocacy messages and activities between the Country Office and field/area offices
· Support the identification and relationship building with key stakeholders for advocacy at the local and national level
· Support the AMC team and senior management in high-level advocacy work towards relevant authorities, UN actors, donors, NGOs, and other civil society, as well as media, if necessary
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
· holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
· sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
· widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
· builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
· values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
· develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· willing to take disciplined risks.
· honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
· University degree or equivalent experience in international relations, forced migration or humanitarian programming.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
· High level of both spoken and written English and Arabic
· At least four years of professional experience on protection, humanitarian policy, campaigns or advocacy work in humanitarian/conflict settings
· At least one year of experience in campaigning, journalism and/or media work
· Experience and understanding of the in-Syria and regional Syrian crisis
· Previous INGO experience
· Previous research experience
· Save the Children previous experience
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Submit your updated CV and Cover letter to by July 21 to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are recruiting on rolling basis, candidates are encouraged to apply early.