Stichting Mayday Rescue Foundation is an international not for profit organisation. Mayday seeks to protect civilians against the effects of war and natural disaster by enabling them to protect themselves. We work where we are most needed: we seek to support the communities that are the most vulnerable and the most exposed to threats from conflict or natural disaster. We build solutions to the problem at hand. Our customers are the civilians we protect. Our method is the capability we build from amongst them. The training and equipment of civilian protection/community resilience capabilities is a means to an end. We measure our performance by how good our teams’ civilian protection service is, as judged by the civilians they, and we serve.
Mayday is headquartered in the Netherlands and operates a regional office in Turkey. Our multinational team of 40 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes.
Mayday Rescue Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Further information about Mayday can be found at www.maydayrescue.org
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Country Manager, the Administrative Officer (Liaison) will be supporting administration-related activities in Mayday’s offices in Jordan (Jordan, Regional &Syria offices). To undertake activities and perform duties in compliance with Mayday policies and procedures.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Duty Station: Amman/ Jordan
Contracting Type: Fixed-term consultancy contract.
Line Manager: Jordan Country Manager
Line management responsibility: NA
Full/Part Time: Full time
Probation Period: 2 months
Tasks and Activities
The Admin Officer will perform the following duties:
· Support management of team calendars and invitations, including setting up meetings, organising conference calls.
· Performs other related administrative duties, as required (e.g., operational travel programme; monitoring accounts and payment to vendors and individual contractors for services; physical space planning; identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems; organizing and coordinating seminars, conferences and translations).
· Follow up on the utilities for the apartments used by Mayday’s FIFO staff and Mayday’s offices, water, electricity, gas and fuel bills.
· Follow up with the guards of the apartments to collect the bills and check if any major maintenance is needed, and ensure that the bills are paid in a timely manner.
· Monitors expenditures and compares with approved budget; prepares adjustments as necessary.
· Assists managers in the elaboration of resource requirements for budget submissions.
· Raising PRs for the kitchen and office supplies whenever needed.
· Maintain inventory records for office supplies (stationery, cleaning and kitchen supplies, etc.) and promptly advise Logistics department of restocking needs, Oversee kitchen activities.
· Perform all other ad-hoc duties, as and when assigned by supervisor such as raising PRs, proceeding payments checking offices’ needs and other tasks.
Qualifications, Education, Experience and Competencies.
Applications are invited from persons with the following qualifications or similar and relevant experience:
- University degree in business administration, social sciences or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant NGO experience, at least 2 years in an administrative position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word and good skills at using financial software applications
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Good knowledge of logistics and procurement standard and alternative procedures.
- To have a curious mind and a patient, problem-solving attitude.
- Able to work independently.
Mayday Rescue is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities within its workforce, regardless of race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religious and political believes, or sexual orientation.
Mayday Rescue encourages qualified female and male candidates, to apply to become a part of our team.
If you find yourself a good match for this position, and if you are interested in joining a highly dynamic team and having a direct positive impact on Mayday’s programmes, please submit your CV and cover letter on our career portal by clicking below link.