POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
SUPERVISOR: Regional Representative
Country Program and Position Overview:
People in Need (PIN) is opening a regional office in Amman supporting it’s operations in the Middle East. At this occasion we’re opening a vacancy for a support position, Administrative Assistant (AA). The Administrative Assistant (AA) is a key support role to the regional office of PIN, reporting directly to the Regional Representative (RR). AA closely collaborates with the Regional Representative and HQ in Prague, who provides technical guidance.
In particular AA provides support in the areas of cash operations, minor procurements, logistical arrangements of the office and the guest house, including providing transportation (driving license is a must, the vehicle will be provided by PIN). AA is also responsible for HR procedures in Amman and makes sure that necessary documentation is in place in physical and electronic archive. AA should be comfortable to represent PIN in relevant governmental offices and in banks if the situation requires.
1. Administrative Support
- Responsible for the preparation, approval, signature, and completion of documents related to and including, but not limited to visa and residency applications for international staff coming to Jordan, cooperating with the international staff to ensure all documents are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for securing necessary approvals for stay of the international staff, including the preparation of letters, coordinating with representative bodies who provide those and cooperate with relevant stakeholders.
2. Procurement activities
- Collects purchase requests and carries out a collection of the quotations from the suppliers if necessary;
- Keeps a hard copy and electronic archives with the relevant documentation;
- Creates payment requests and follows up on the payments to the suppliers;
- Identifies potential suppliers for purchases on local market;
- Maintains the database of PIN suppliers;
- Maintains physical archive of relevant documentation.
3. Logistical arrangements
- Keeps the office and guesthouse premises and vehicle well organized;
- Collects relevant bills and makes sure those are paid on time;
- Serves as a main focal point between the owner of the premises or their representative and PIN;
- Maintains vehicle so it is available for the necessary trips (fills the tank with fuel and/or charges the electric vehicle), etc.;
- Supervises a cleaner in the office and the guesthouse of PIN;
- Makes sure relevant items are on stock (stationary, cleaning materials, water, etc.).
4. Archiving and audit Support
- Prepares supporting documentation for external and internal audits across the country program;
- Maintains proper archive to all administrative documents, registrations, permissions, approvals, letters and relevant documents;
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders the repatriation of the documentation to HQ;
- Uploads new documents to relevant systems as applicable, providing support to the country office;
- Maintains physical archive of procurement, HR and Finance documentation;
- Maintains a physical archive of PIN owned assets;
- Performs Vendors check, for all Contracts;
- Assists with preparation of documents for audits.
5. Human Resources
- Assists in recruitment (i.e. posting vacancies on websites, shortlisting CVs, participates in the interview panel, checks references);
- Fills and archives HR documentation: database, contracts, extensions, recruitment documents, performance appraisals, leave requests, attendance sheets, etc;
- Prepares HR files for audits;
- Provides inputs to regular updates of HR database in real time;
- Provides inputs to regular update of the Annual Leave Register of local staff;
- Coordinates issuing of staff ID cards and business cards;
- Supports other HR related matters as per request of the supervisor
- Maintains cash registers in accordance with PIN procedures;
- Conducts cash operations for the needs of the main office in Amman upon complete and proper documentation is received with all necessary approvals and signatures;
- Archives relevant support documents like Cash Advance Requests, Cash Advance Clearances and other cash register documents;
- Monitors, whether all financial documents as invoices and cash settlements on assigned cash registers are in line with PIN requirements;
- Uploads all relevant documentation (invoices, supporting documentation and confirmations) related to assigned type of invoices into SharePoint;
- Conducts weekly, monthly and quarterly physical cash inventories and documents them accordingly;
- Ensures closure of all pending and not posted documents in cash register by the end of the week;
- Checks posted cash register documents, in case of mistake to arrange correction with accountancy unit;
- Trains new staff to prepare Cash Advance Requests and Cash Advance Clearances and others related to accounting necessary documentation.
- Ensures the Financial Security Rules are followed at any time.
GENERAL EMPLOYEES OBLIGATIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Employer stipulates the right to assign the Employee any other kind of work derived from his specialization. In case of urgent work and such like the Employee may be asked to work overtime as well as during public and other holidays.
- Adhering to all PIN policies and procedures at all times including those stipulated in National Staff Handbook, Child Protection Policy, Security Standard Operating procedures, etc.
- Punctual attendance to work including both working hours in the assigned office and schedule field trips if applicable
- Ensuring timely and effective delivery of tasks
- Correctness and completeness of given tasks
- The Employee takes over the responsibility for all entrusted material or cash. The Employee is obligated to cover all damages or losses caused by his carelessness. The Agreement of Liability of Assets has been signed separately.
- Prompt providing of all relevant information to their supervisor
- Maintain confidentiality of all information gained from employment within not publicly available
- Archiving of all entrusted and acquired documents in proper manner
- Representing and upholding the values of People in Need at all times
- Behave in appropriate manners at all times and in all places
- Minimum Bachelor degree or equivalent (a relevant certificate may be required);
- A willingness to learn;
- Ability to multitask;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Good skills and experience with Ms Office;
- Experience with an accounting system is an advantage;
- Arabic and English is a must;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Holder of a driving license for vehicles;
- Able to make strong relations with authorities, contractors and key stakeholders;
- Ethical, trustworthy, creative, dynamic, and enthusiastic.
- Superb organizational skills;
People in Need offers:
- Working environment in a well-established and growing organization;
- Salary as per the salary scale;
- Free access to e-learning sites, global PIN’s Induction Training, and individually tailored capacity building opportunities;
- Annual leaves and public holidays as per the labour law.
How to apply
People in Need is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children and adults with whom People in Need involves. People in Need expects all staff to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need code of conduct and key policies (available at: https://www.peopleinneed.net/key-policies-4142gp). People in Need Staff will undertake the appropriate level of training.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Note for candidates:
Early candidates are encouraged to apply as the applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis via our application form.