UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
Purpose of the job:
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Operation undertakes administrative management support services, assist in ensuring efficient and cost effective administrative support services, and supporting staff in office administrative assignments in support of Jordan Boarder Emergency Response in the North Eastern border UNICEF interventions.
For every child, how can you make a difference?
1. Transportation and Travel Support Services are effectively provided, and security arrangements are well established for enhanced safety and security.
Support the provision of efficient Transportation and Travel services in conformity with Security Standards
Assists Operations Manager in the establishment and maintenance occupational safety and security arrangements related to administrative services.
2. Property management of administrative supplies assistance ensures, office equipment, vehicles and other properties is effectively maintained
Supports management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, etc. Assists supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings. Assists supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office.
Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
3. All administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts satisfy the requirements as stipulated and are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Contributes to the reviews of contractual arrangements related to administrative support (i.e. courier, premises maintenance, ancillary administrative support, vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance etc.) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of goods and services. Proposes to supervisor any changes that may be required.
Monitors payments against contractual obligations.
4. The budget preparation and administration
Assists supervisor in preparing estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes.
5. Partnership, coordination and collaboration
Support effective working relations with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on issues relating to administrative matters through information exchange, collaboration, and harmonization.
To qualify asan advocatefor every child you will have…
- Completion of Secondary education supplemented with formal training in Business Administration, Office Management and other related areas of study.
- Six years practical professional work experience in office management, administration and other related fields is required. Work experience in emergency response will be an added value.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN languageis an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
This position is classified as “rotational” which means the incumbent is expected to rotate to another duty station upon completion of their tour of duty,
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506233