The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people – refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants –regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops’ conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners.
ICMC has been operational in the Middle East since 2002, implementing humanitarian assistance programs in support of refugees in Lebanon, Jordan and Syria. Most recently, ICMC is providing emergency humanitarian assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan with funding support from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND PURPOSE OF THE PROTECTION FIELD MANAGER.
The main duty of the Protection Field Manager is to manage daily activities related to the successful implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the protection project and provide technical support in child protection and GBV. The Protection Field Manager is responsible for the oversight of all activities in ICMC’s protection center and assisting the Program Manager in identifying new program initiatives and ensuring ongoing monitoring of protection project expenditures.
1.Implementation of Protection activities (Positive parenting, Youth empowerment,Intergenerational, Local Community and men and boy’s engagement, Counseling and Psychosocial Support, Literacy classes, Life Skills, and CFS Activities in/out the Protection Centers)
· Organize and plan all protection activities inside and outside the centers
· Provide technical support and guidance in child protection and S/GBV
· Facilitate and strengthen the internal and external referral pathways
· Ensure protection mainstreaming and gender sensitivity across ICMC program
· Ensure that staff adhere to general protection, child protection and S/GBV best-practices and professional standards and principles through capacity-building and on-the-job support
· Support the development and revision of educational and psychosocial activities for children and youth, in line with the minimum standards for child protection in humanitarian action
· Ensure development and regular update of the technical tools, guidance and curriculums of Positive parenting, Youth empowerment, Intergenerational, Local Community and men and boys engagement, CFS, PSS materials, literacy classes and life skills; and provide training where necessary
· Consolidate and submit timely and accurate protection monitoring, numerical and analysis reports of the activities.
2. Management and Coordination:
· Supervise Protection Team Leader, Senior Councilor and Protection Assistants/Caseworkers and a team of caseworkers, social workers, teachers, and counselors, operating out of the ICMC Protection Centers in Mafraq and Irbid
· Ensure all donor requirements, project goals and objectives are well understood and strictly adhered to by ICMC program staff
· Closely supervise, monitor and advise project staff on protection project implementation
· Facilitate weekly team meetings with all protection team
· Participate in all relevant Inter-Agency coordination and sectoral working group meetings, including Protection, Child Protection, SGBV, Education, and PSEA
· Prepare regular monthly progress reports and assist in the preparation of quarterly donor reports
· Coordinate with ICMC country-based staff, ICMC partners, external parties as requested
· Deliver trainings and workshops to staff on protection related issues
· Plan recruitment needs in coordination with the Program Manager and assist with recruitment procedures and on-the-job training
· Ensure ongoing monitoring of protection project expenditures: preparing monthly budget forecast, procurement plans and purchase requests
3. Monitoring and Evaluation:
· Undertake regular verification of all project activities and quality of casework;
· Incorporate SEA, misconduct, and protection concerns within all ICMC monitoring;
· Provide technical support to ICMC staff to ensure monitoring on protection topics is conducted in a sensitive and culturally-appropriate manner;
· Undertake regular protection monitoring assessments using a qualitative and quantitative approach.
4. Administration and Communication:
· Assist with administrative duties, as required by the Program Manager
· Establish good and regular communication with project beneficiaries, ICMC partners and various service providers
· Establish good communication and coordination with all ICMC departments and project staff
· Complete staff evaluations, leave requests, expense tracking sheets, etc. in an efficient and timely manner
· As required, participate in capacity building, research and assessment efforts and prepare various other documents, including training curricula and meeting minutes;
· Perform any other duties as required by the program.
Required Qualifications and competencies:
· University degree in social work, human rights, refugee or migration studies, social sciences, development, or a related field;
· Minimum three (3) years professional experience in the NGO sector, including proven experience with protection programming within an emergency or development context;
· Relevant field experience in a similar setting on designing and implementing creative responses to protection concerns;
· Excellent knowledge of refugee protection issues;
· Very good knowledge on community-based psychosocial support;
· Previous experience in project monitoring and implementation;
· Previous experience in developing and facilitating trainings;
· Excellent report writing and communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with variety of people, and express oneself in a clear and concise way;
· Excellent English and Arabic language skills and ability to work in both as required.
· Experience in conducting research, assessments and interviews a strong asset;
· Experience in monitoring and evaluation and analyzing quantitative data;
· Ability to develop tools and templates to support the management and implementation of the project, in line with donor requirements;
· Excellent managerial and leadership skills, with experience managing a medium and large sized team;
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and with minimal support;
· Good command of MS Office applications and other computer programs
How to apply
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter and two professional references with full and up to date contact details via email, to:
The closing date for receipt of applications is December 14th, 2020
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for applicants and employees. ICMC strives to ensure equal employment opportunities and equal access to employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.