Vento di Terra (VdT) is an Italian NGO active in Jordan since 2014 and currently working in the sectors of protection, education and health in Mafraq and Amman. VdT is currently looking for an Educator for Children’s Clubs to insert in its protection program starting from the beginning of November 2020.
Start of the contract: Beginning of November 2020
Duration: 3 months
Location: East Amman (Hashmi al Shamali + Jabal al Qusur)
Main responsibilities and tasks
• Manage 4 Children’s Clubs, each composed of 15-17 children aged 9-12 years, aimed to improve the awareness of the children on their own rights, as well as their critical thinking skills;
• Develop recreational and educational activities for a total of 65 children aimed to convey awareness on the rights of the child (in particular the importance of education, the risks and consequences of its violations such as child labour, early marriage, gender based violence, etc.) by applying the principles of child-participation and child-centred advocacy;
• Tailor the content and modalities of the sessions to the children’s age and background;
• Guide the children in elaborating some deliverables about the work done during the Children’s Clubs;
• Organize 4 final events (one for each Children’s Club) where the children can present the deliverables/work done on their rights to members of the community taking into consideration the safety measures due to COVID-19 (including the possibility of using social media);
• Favour an inclusive environment where social cohesion is guaranteed at all times;
• Prepare and share with VdT an outline of the material to be used during the Children’s Clubs meetings, including the content of each session;
• Ensure that each session is planned and delivered in a highly participative and interactive manner and responsive to children’s requests and suggestions, where possible;
• Keep record of children’s presence to each session with the support of VdT staff;
• Prepare one preliminary questionnaire at the beginning of each cycle and one final questionnaire at the end of each cycle and verify participants’ achievements and progress;
• Coordinate with the relevant staff for the smooth implementation of the training (logistics, programs, etc.);
• Liaise with the relevant staff for the referral of cases that may need other services.
• BA in social science or any related field;
• At least 1 year of experience working with children and child protection;
• Excellent knowledge of the rights of the child and child protection principles, including the importance of education, the risks and consequences of child labour, early marriage, gender based violence, bullying, etc.;
• Previous experience in coordinating children activities and in using a child-centred and child-participation approach;
• Previous experience in advocating for the rights of the child, in self-advocacy techniques for children and in the promotion of children’s rights for children;
• Previous experience as a teacher is an advantage;
• Knowledge of protection principles and capacity of recognising/listening to children’s needs;
• Knowledge of the English language is an advantage
• Excellent communication and interaction skills, notably with children aged 9-12 years;
• Flexible person and able to adapt to changing situations;
• Creative and solution-oriented;
• Engaging, motivated and passionate about his/her work;
• Preferably has a driving licence and can guarantee movements between the two locations.
How to apply
Candidates can send their CV and a motivation letter to [email protected] by the 20thof October 2020, 11.59pm Jordan time either in Arabic or in English by specifying in the subject of the email “Educator for Children’s Clubs”. Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.