Facilitate the implementation of the project’s action plan through coordination with associated ARDD teams, district and provincial Government agencies and people in target areas
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Undertake standard project administrative activities and procedures including:
- Provide a clear and coordinated leadership to the daily implementation of the project in all its components including drafting action plans, inceptions, advocacy and other related requirements;
- Provide clear duties and tasks for the project assistance and oversee all documentation, internal reporting, data entry and filling materials project relates;
- Facilitate and ensure good coordination mechanisms with the project team members, donors, partners and ensure consistent communication with key stakeholders on the project including implementation and budgeting;
- Communication and collaboration in accordance with the project manager with direct and indirect partners, stakeholders ;
- Promote relationship and participation of community stakeholders in gender issues;
- Set, develop and ensure the implementation of the action plan and assist the M&E unit in drafting the MEAL plan and tools for data collection analysis and evaluation;
- Develop activity reports, monthly reports, quarter reports and final reports both internal and external;
- Ensure and implementation of monitoring tools for project activities and project partners and assist in developing as well;
- Assist in Donor reporting with the project manager ensuring quality and fulfil with donor requirements and deadlines;
- Participate in internal and external trainings as required;
- Decision making and priority setting in terms related to the projects and under the supervision of the project manager;
- Gather and analyze the data and identify potential project related problems and report to the Line Manager;
- Facilitate the community need assessment, identify technical needs for the team, and organize related technical support;
- Meet on a regular basis to provide project updates and share relevant information;
- Visit organizations and conduct mission to field as necessary in consultation with Line Manager;
- Coordinate logistics for all project training courses, seminars and workshops including the management of any related project and unit events;
- Assist in arranging programs for in-coming and outgoing official missions; make appointments with project stakeholders, including logistical arrangements and secretarial assistance;
- Follow up with the implementing partners and sub-contractors for progress report, submission of reports and recent data on target group and other information material;
- Collect data from the implementing agencies and obtain information materials, publications, newsletters, etc;
- Review data and information generated by the Projects’ implementing agencies and prepare information materials for briefing and review sessions including coverage material for the media;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Direct Manager.
The Project Officer will work with:
· Finance office in regards to budget issues and financial records;
· Donor relations unit to ensure grant compliance is maintained;
· Work with the Capacity-building unit to develop and execute trainings for both beneficiaries and staff;
· Media unit to conduct the advocacy section of the project and maintain presence online;
· In some cases coordinate outside media partners to widen advocacy impact and audience;
· Partnership organizations to coordinate the implementation of the project;
· Work directly with beneficiaries (specifically Community Facilitators) to build capacity, conduct advocacy, and implement community activities;
· Network with like-minded organizations to maintain organization presence and improve best practices.
· Bachelor degree in Human rights, business administration, MIS, or any related field;
· 3 – 5 years of experience with international/local organizations in implementing development projects, including experience in research;
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people from various cultural and social backgrounds;
· Good liaison skills especially to local government and stakeholders;
· Ability to work and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing;
· Commitment to ARDD overall aims and beliefs, including equal opportunities and gender equity in all aspects of ARDD work;
· knowledge of governmental and political systems and women’s rights issues;
· Communicates sensitively and effectively across different constituencies;
· Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel frequently to the field/remote areas in the project sites;
· Computer skills (word processing, spread sheets and presentation software, Excel, Power point, Internet).
· Knowledge of Project Management skills;
· Knowledge of Budget Management;
· Communication skills;
· Fluent in Arabic and English and translation;
· Writing, reporting, training, speaking, presenting, skills;
· IT skills.
Interested and Qualified Candidate should apply to: [email protected]. Please mention the name of the position Project Officer on the subject of the email.
Applications close 10 June 2018.
Please note: Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and ARDD reserves the right to recruit before the deadline .