CALL FOR APPLICANTS: M&E – DATA MANAGEMENT OFFICER
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OPPORTUNITY IS OPEN TO IN-COUNTRY, ARABIC SPEAKING APPLICANTS ONLY.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Middle East Children’s Institute (MECI) seeks to empower vulnerable and underserved individuals living in our community by enabling them to live more independent, and productive lives.
MECI uses a holistic, child-centered approach to provide informal education services to out-of-school and vulnerable children. We focus on vulnerable Jordanian, host-community children and Syrian refugee populations. We complement our academic programming with arts, physical education activity, music and Life Skills courses. In doing so, we aim to serve our beneficiaries as whole people, acknowledging the difficulties they have endured and prepare them for opportunities ahead.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The M&E – Data Management Officer will ensure the efficacy and success of MECI’s informal education and certified non-formal education programming in Jordan. The main tasks and responsibilities of the position include:
- Carry out and support data collection as required from the field and Education Officers/Coordinators.
- Evaluate the time required to process data and feedback on progress in processing
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of all project monitoring databases, and the maintaining of homogenized and user-friendly databases that can be independently analyzed.
- Responsible for data entry, quality data control and analysis of outreach, registration, enrolment, dropout/project leavers, student academic /behavioral testing results and attendance for both students and teachers, using internal, governmental and donor databases.
- Lead the management and quality assurance of databases and coordinate with the PM for the resolution of any technical problems.
- Create reports/fact sheets as requested reflecting the data entered in databases, and produce weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly statistical analysis as required to support donor reporting requirements along with internal reports.
- Support management in developing additional monitoring tools in accordance with the donor’s and MECI’s desired outcomes.
- Ensure the protection of personal data and beneficiaries’ information.
- Ensure accurate records of assessment, activities and participation with continues backups for the system.
- File documents in an accessible and organized manner.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualified candidate must have each of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2-3 years of professional experience with an NGO and/or within IT organizations.
- Technical expertise in Advanced Excel, Word, and other Microsoft Office Programmes.
- Hands-on experience XLS Forms and in Kobo Toolbox: Designing, creating forms, and maintaining existing database
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and delivering results in a timely manner and under tight deadlines.
- Fluency in Arabic and professional command in English both written and verbal.
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proven record as a team player.
- Technical expertise in Database Management Systems – DBMS.
- Demonstrated commitment to result-oriented performances.
- Demonstrated experience in providing detailed and insightful data exploitation.
This is a temporary national contract of 6 months with the possibility of extension to 12 months depending on donor funding. Please note that the selected candidate must be able to start immediately.
How to apply
- Please send your CV, a motivational letter, and two professional references via e-mail to: [email protected]
- no later than Sunday, December 20, 2020.
- Please indicate the “M&E – Data Management Officer” Application on the Subject Line.
- Applications received outside of [email protected] will be disregarded.