FCA’s Jordan Country Office was established in Amman in 2012. FCA works in Jordan, Palestine and Syria. FCA is particularly involved in helping Syrian refugees in Jordan and vulnerable youth from the host communities in the Education sector by providing learning support services and livelihood aspects.
Currently, FCA is seeking expressions of interest from qualified individuals in livelihoods with special focus on gender economic empowerment and micro to small-scale entrepreneurship opportunities fields to fill positions for a project for marginalized refugees and host community women.
Municipal Businesses Project (MUBU)
Lead implementing organization: Finn Church Aid (FCA ), funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Project Location: Jordan, municipalities of Dhlail, Sahab, Mahis, Jerash, Alza’tari & Almansheah, and Jnaid
· Project Objective: Vulnerable Syrian refugees and host communities members have improved economic and social prospects through involvement in local market-driven businesses and protection activities
The Municipal Businesses project, funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, aims to improve social-economic prospects for refugees and host communities in six municipalities in Jordan through holistic interventions focusing on protection and support by developing locally appropriate businesses. The project will be implemented by Finn Church Aid (FCA) and HelpAge International (HAI) in cooperation with six Local Development Units (LDUs) of six municipalities in different governorates in Jordan (Dhlail in Zarqa governorate, Sahab in Amman governorate, Mahis in Salt governorate, Jerash in Jerash governorate, Alza’tari & Almansheah in Mafraq governorate, and Jnaid in Ajloun governorate). This will help to localize the support and link the project to the decentralization agenda of the government, ensuring sustainability and utilizing local resources. The project will specifically focus on self-employment of Syrian refugees (30%) and vulnerable host community members (70%) with special attention to youth (50%), women (50%), people with disabilities (5%) and household heads with older or disabled members of the household (70%).
In vulnerable families, income is needed to support family members with special needs. By linking livelihood interventions to the protection of and social and health services to these vulnerable groups, we will seek to reduce the burden on young members of the family, thus providing for a more integrated and sustainable response.
The project will directly support the establishment of businesses and the expansion of businesses, creating new jobs and improving increased access to social and health services.
The relevant role will support the Project Manager in coordination with service providers, stakeholders and beneficiaries, and to make sure that the project activities are being implemented in a quality and timely manner according to budget and work plans.
Main tasks & Responsibilities
· Ensure the women support groups component is implemented in coordination with local development units (LDU) of partnering municipalities.
· Facilitate the outreach to targeted women beneficiaries to make sure about their active participation in the relevant support sessions.
· Facilitate, monitor and coordinate the process of paying allowances to participating beneficiaries in the women support sessions, and when necessary join the relevant facilitator in these field sessions and make sure that the setup and the delivery of such sessions meet the expectations and quality standards of the project and FCA.
· In coordination with the project manager, liaise with FCA partners, line ministries, local municipalities, and other stakeholders to make sure of the timely and effective implementation of activities.
· Coordinate with FCA HR on any legal consultations needed from the FCA lawyer project contractual matters.
· Support the conduction of the project final event, by contributing to relevant action plans, and by coordinating with different parties and key stakeholders and project team to ensure successful events
· Support the coordination efforts for joint meetings with implementing partners and local municipalities councils
· Support data analysis and review project targets with M&E officer
· Support the development of local communities volunteering groups of business entrepreneurs at municipalities level to support municipalities and local community beneficiaries in their areas.
· Replace the business coaches when they are officially absent or whenever asked by the Project Manager
· Assist the project manager in planning and implementing advocacy initiatives.
· Participate in internal office coordination and planning meetings.
· Attend trainings and workshops for personal development purposes.
· Organize introductory meeting for partnership with international and local actors whenever possible
· Share visibility and communication materials internally and externally.
· Other assignment tasks as necessary.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
· Minimum of Bachelor degree or higher at any field.
· At least five years of professional experience in project coordination
· Evident professional experience in working with Local Development Units and Women Support Units at the local municipalities.
· Experience in working with public institutions is preferred
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Experience in drafting cooperation agreements and service contracts.
· Good understanding of long term development interventions
· Familiar with humanitarian concepts, guidelines such as CHS, HRBA, Do No Harm
· Excellent in data analysis and presentation
· self-motivated; comfortable working independently. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Able to lead a team of staff and coordinate tasks on timely manners.
· Have the ability to adapt and apply knowledge.
· Excellent English and Arabic
· Valid driving license.
· This position is a full time contract and requires traveling within governorates of Jordan according to the project targeted areas. FCA provides vehicles for transportation and do not provide drivers.
How to apply
By sending updated CV, cover letter to the following address,
We encourage potential candidates to apply promptly.
Shortlisting will start immediately.