Madad Grant Finance Officer
Closing date: 07 Sep 2017
World Vision International – Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information please visit www.wvi.org website.
Position Title: Madad Grant Finance Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Position is required within the Madad program management hub 50%, working with the Chief of Party, the Madad Grant Finance Officer will be responsible for consolidating financial information from the three countries (Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq), reporting in a timely manner to the Chief of Party on variations in budget vs actual expenditure and ensuring financial compliance with WV and EU regulations. The remaining 50%, this position will be responsible to support the Grant Finance Managers and Country AP Teams in regards to partner supervision / monitoring for this grant. This is a local hire position. Salary and conditions are in line with Jordanian labor law
Accounting, Compliance & Monitoring
A. Grants / Projects Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that grants reports from individual countries are discussed with the Chief of Party and passed to donors and support offices within the required time schedules. Respond to respective queries in relation to these reports from donors and support offices
- Review and analyze grant expenses and variances to advise the stakeholders on expenditure trends and potential issues.
- Correspond with WV SOs, donors and Hub Grant Finance Managers regarding project income (transfers from SO), expenditure and reporting
- Be a key player in the issues of grants / projects accounting and management to ensure accurate coding of expenses and full compliance with WVI internal and donor requirements.
- Ensure that EU donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes; keep the Chief of Party informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps.
- Develop and maintain good professional networks with the Hub Grant Finance Managers, SO IPGs & Finance.
B. Partner Financial Management and Reporting
- Ensure that donor regulations are complied with in all grant transactions and processes of the partners; keep the Grant Finance Managers and Chief of Party informed on all major compliance issues/challenges while taking the necessary corrective steps with the respective Partners.
- Regularly visit partner offices to discuss partner reports and back-up documentation.
- Facilitate needed capacity building events with concerned partners staff to ensure compliance with WVI and EU regulations
Perform any other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or a related field
- MBA in Finance, MSC in Finance/Accounting/Auditing prefereed
ACCA, CIMA or CPA preferred
Experience: 1. Minimum 5 years experience in finance position with medium business/medium NGO/government agency
- Minimum 3 years experience in finance management position
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash flow monitoring and internal accounting controls.
- Solid knowledge of EU grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, must be computer literate in Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Good oral/written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
8. Ability to travel within regionally and internationally
- . Experience in major donor regulations (US, UK, Canada Governments, GOG, EC/ECHO, UN agencies) is a must.
3. Experience with humanitarian aid in-country is a must
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write ” Madad Grant Finance Officer – WVJ** in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.