وظائف شاغرة مميزة لدى الأكاديمية الدولية عمان
تعلن الاكاديمية الدولية – عمان عن حاجتها الى الشواغر التالية :
1- DT Technician
Design Technology Department – Secondary School
Head of Design Technology
Also Accountable to:
DT Teachers, Principal, Deputy Principal & Programme Coordinator(s)
Assisting in the effective learning and management of design students in the IAA.
* Approved by Principals and Director, June 2021
All staff are expected to demonstrate professionalism by following the guidelines in the IAA Code of Conduct, which is signed annually by each staff member, as outlined in the Policy manual, and the employment contract. The standards in these documents include but are not limited to:
- Upholding the professional standards of IAA in work and in community relationships.
- Observing confidentiality regarding all matters relating to employment with the IAA both within the school, as appropriate, and outside of the school
- Upholding all IAA policies and procedures
- Publicly supporting the school and neither organising nor participating in any activities that could bring the reputation of IAA into disrepute
- Communicating effectively and appropriately with the school community, both orally and in writing
- Responding to communications within two working days.
- Meeting deadlines and keeping records.
- Participating in school events that may occur outside of normally contracted working hours when required.
The Design Technician is directly responsible to the DT teachers and through him/her to the Head of Design Department Principal and Deputy Principal and other school leaders. Technicians are assigned to a DT class, not a teacher and will attend the same lessons as the class, supporting the designated teacher in that lesson.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and repairs of all workshop/art room equipment. This includes sharpening of tools, lubrication for all the main machines, replacing worn sanding belts and disks, replacing worn or broken blades, cleaning of equipment including the kitchen and other such tasks as asked by the Technology and Art teachers.
- Equipment Check. Check all tools and equipment, regularly throughout the working day, in accordance with the Design Technology department checklists. Report any missing equipment to the respective HoD immediately.
- Project focused tasks. Preparation of tools and jigs to aid in the manufacture of various projects. Reclamation of materials and components from completed student projects.
- Preparation of materials. Responding to material requisition slips submitted by staff cutting sheet, plank, cardboard and paper, etc. material to sizes to fit the various teaching requirements. Generally preparing materials for set projects as required by teaching staff.
- Stock control. Receive copies of local requisition orders and ensure their delivery, monitor the stock held and identify when re-ordering is required, receive materials, and check off against stock requisitions. Review material requirement lists for each project and help make up material lists for ordering. Research availability of local-purchase stock items.
- Storage of equipment and materials. Ensure that all equipment and materials are returned to the correct storage area and that any missing or broken equipment is reported. Check tool storage areas for correct tools and report breakages and missing items. Make a list of missing or broken tools and equipment for re-ordering. Maintain the store rooms of the Department.
- Usage of CNC machines. To be proficient in the use of the range of CAD/CAM available in the department and provide technical support during lesson time. To maintain CNC equipment in accordance with health and safety requirements and liaise with the IT department for any software update required. Share CAD/CAM expertise and skills with relevant staff. To operate the CAD/CAM facilities within the department and process students’ jobs and monitor the progress on a variety of CNC machines.
- Assisting students. When needed, to assist students to use equipment and tools in various workshop situations. To follow the Departmental safety codes and ensure that students do the same. When appropriate, provide technical assistance for the production of student’s work outside of class times to avoid bottlenecks occurring within lessons. Assisting in the supervision of pupils on external visits. Assisting students in Formula 1, Robotics club, and other engineering-related competitions for pupils within school working hours.
- Display and Presentation. To assist with the mounting of exhibitions and displays.
- Role Model. To act as a “role model” when working in the workshop and classroom areas. Making sure safety rules are followed and personal protective equipment is worn where appropriate. Making sure correct working practices are followed and work is always finished to the highest, appropriate, standards.
- Other reasonable technical tasks as may be directed by the Head of the Technology Department.
- To actively support a consistent approach to implementing the School Guiding Statements
- To implement one’s professional duty of care by following school policies and procedures regarding student behaviour and discipline at all times, including classes, assigned duties, at break times and any other interactions with IAA students
- To understand that student safety is always paramount
- To understand and practice vigilant student safeguarding and duty of care
- Assist in planning and implement strategies that encourage student self-discipline, reinforce appropriate behaviour and manage disruptive behaviour
- To take an interest in children’s achievements both in and out of school.
- To respond sensitively when dealing with children, ensuring that any concern they bring will be dealt with professionally and promptly
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
2- School Counsellor
Secondary /Primary School
Promoting a structured program of social emotional development and well-being for all students in collaboration with teachers, school administrators and parents.
* Approved by Principals and Director, December 2019
All staff are expected to demonstrate professionalism by following the guidelines in the IAA Code of Conduct, which is signed annually by each staff member, the Policy manual, and the employment contract. The standards in these documents include but are not limited to: