Project Officer – Nationals only
Closing date: 28 Feb 2018
Responsibilities and tasks
To ensure the good quality of project implementation and facilitate its monitoring and evaluation.
• She/he will create supportive materials to be used by the team as necessary to ensure the high quality of their assignments (outreach activities, case management, referral pathway, focus group discussion, information cession,…).
• She/he will ensure continuous follow-up and monitoring of the protection activities (relevant to the needs expressed, adaptation when required) in accordance with the PMT per project and as defined with her/his manager.
• She/he will follow the project action plan and will review it with her/his manager periodically based on the project monitoring feedback from program and/or other departments within PUI. She/he will communicate to the PM any delay or challenges faced by the project implementation for adjustments to be made.
• She/he will study and implement correctly donor’s guidelines and procedures regarding reporting, procurement of goods or services and any other requirements that might appear.
• She/he will inform her/his manager of any relevant issue related to the project implementation or the respect of PUI policies by the field teams, ensuring that proper policy, standards & codes of conduct are enforced.
To participate in the reporting and production of relevant information about the project implementation.
• Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, she/he will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager.
• She/he will help the MEAL department and her/his manager to collect accurate data by facilitating the review of data collection concerns and communicating them to field teams to improve collection quality on an ongoing basis.
• Activity progress will be efficiently monitored through the regular collection and analysis of qualitative key indicators. She/he will ensure processes and results are properly documented.
• She/he will write monthly reports on the activities implemented as requested by the PM according to the project and management indicators, Activity Info requirements, and donor regulations.
• She/he will support the consolidation of monitoring reports as set in the log frame sources of verification.
• She/he will assist the Project Manager – Social Protection in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting to donors and PUI Senior Management Team.
• She/he will participating in project development and new proposal by collecting and sharing all relevant information
• She/he will participate to the mission strategy development when required
• She/he will participate to needs assessment when required
Manage and Coordinate teams and activities implementation.
• Supervise the performance of the teams under her/his responsibility and ensure high quality of field data collection
• Ensure the correct and efficient use by the team of the tool for internal and external referral and adherence to guidelines and SOPs.
• Participate to the referral system through proper follow up of vulnerable individuals to various organizations for appropriate service provision in coordination with the referral officer.
• Facilitate the plan of cash distribution by sharing with the Cash officer all information required
• Participate and facilitate in weekly team meetings to support and coordinate the team.
• Supervise the implementation of the planned activities and supervises the planning process, including by conducting regular site visits, monitoring the quality of activities and organising meetings with her/his team, other PUI departments and the CBO partners.
• Organize trainings and reinforce staff capacity as required.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
University degree in Economy, Business Administration, Political Science or related field.
1 year previous experience in project implementation in the Humanitarian Field in a similar role; OR 2 or more years previous experience in project implementation in the Humanitarian Field as a field worker or similar role with evidence of the ability to succeed in this role.
Good command of English, oral and written
Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Required interpersonal skills:
Commitment to PUI’s work policies and standards as well as to humanitarian values
Good communication skills in her/his relation with local authorities, partners and INGOs in the field
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage priorities, meet multiple competing deadlines, and work without constant supervision
Good analysis and synthesis abilities
Honest and trustworthy
Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
Knowledge of and previous successful experience with PUI is an advantage
Acquaintance with NGO’ rules, procedures and regulations,
All employees are expected to abide by the humanitarian principles, the Code of Conduct, PUI Charter and PUI above-mentioned values.
HOW TO APPLY:
• To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter both in English with at least 2 reference contacts to: email@example.com. Please state the job title “Project Officer” and your name in the email subject line (applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered).
• Deadline for applications is 28/02/2018
• Applications that do not meet the specified minimum requirements, or received after the closing date will not be considered.