وظائف شاغرة لدى منظمة دولية
General Responsibilities (Overall purpose)
Terre des hommes Jordan (Tdh) was established in 2007 as an expert child protection organization. Currently it operated two specialized programmes: Migration & Access to Justice for Children, strongly mainstreaming a child protection approach, embedded into gender responsive and child and youth participation and empowerment actions at operational and policy levels.
The Senior is expected to be primary the project focal point for the She Leads Programme on behalf of Tdh, ensuring proficient management, coordination, monitoring functions. The She leads is a joint programme of Plan International Netherlands, Defense for Children – ECPAT the Netherlands (DCI-ECPAT), African Women’s Development and Communication Network (FEMNET), and Terre des Hommes the Netherlands (Tdh). The She Leads consortium brings together child rights organizations, feminist/women’s rights organizations, and GYW-led groups and aims to increase sustained influence of girls and young women (GYW) on decision-making and the transformation of gender norms in formal and informal institutions. The geographic focus of the programme is East Africa (Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya), West Africa (Ghana, Mali, Sierra Leone, Liberia) and the Middle East (Lebanon, Jordan). In addition to programming in these countries, a considerable part of the programming will be done at regional level, targeting regional institutions and other stakeholders operating at regional level. Tdh in Jordan will work both with a regional and national scope and in coordination with the partners, towards increased sustained influence of GYW on decision making and voice.
The program goal tackles 3 main domains, civil society, socio-cultural and institutional spheres. The program aims at; enhancement of collective action of girls and young women in a gender-responsive civil society (civil society domain), supported by increased acceptance of positive social gender norms (socio-cultural domain) and by enabling meaningful participation of girls and young women in decision-making by political institutions (institutional domain). Furthermore, the program is following different strategies in order to achieve the pre mentioned domains such as; fund and resource girl-led/young feminist organizing, data-driven and evidence-based advocacy & research, catalyze the growth and strength of social movements and collective action for girls’ rights, media influencing & advocacy, advocate for girls’ access to international institutions and human rights mechanisms, capacity strengthening support and joint-learning between civil society organizations (CSOs), girl-led groups and young feminist organizations
The Senior officer will be working closely with Tdh partner to ensure the timely and qualitative implementation of the project activities. The incumbent has overall responsibility for the quality implementation of the project activities, the respect of the institutional and donor minimum standards, the achievements of the expected objectives, in coordination with the partner/s and ensuring high level representation.
Under the line management of the Program Manager and, among others, with technical support and supervision of the Technical Unit team, the Senior officer is responsible for the implementation and follow up of the project activities and any other activities assigned to her/him in the areas of intervention of Tdh.
The main tasks of this function are:
· Activities Management and Implementation: – responsible for the effective implementation of project activities, monitoring and reporting according to Tdh and donor procedures and guidelines, financial and programmatic control of Tdh’s partner.
· Quality assurance: plan and implement activities and coordinates the project resources ensuring qualitative and principled implementation and compliance with Tdh’s and donor’s regulation and the project objectives.
· Coordination and representation: maintain proper coordination between Tdh, sub-grantee partner, and other consortium members, represent Tdh’s on the area of implementation, ensure proficient coordination with local authorities, partners and communities.
Specific Responsibilities / Context (Tasks)
Activities management and implementation:
· Support Tdh partner in drafting a detailed implementation plan, with clear timeline, a exhaustive distribution of tasks and responsibilities,
· Support Tdh partner in organizing key activities from all projects strategic domains, such as outreach activities, capacity building, public dialogue sessions, awareness raising activities, advocacy activities both technically and operationally.
· Ensure Tdh’s and the partner’s operational functions, including budget follow up, targets follow up, activity planning, liaising with relevant departments within Tdh and the partner.
· Document and ensure proper documentation of all relevant initiatives, activities, targets; support the partner in reporting, ensure timely reporting system and proficient workflow is established.
Identify and develop solutions for remote management if made necessary by the COVID-19 and other circumstances, support the partner in implementing these solutions efficiently. .
· With the support of Tdh communication specialist, support Tdh partner in designing and creating leaflet on gender equality topics, Follow up on the dissemination of the developed leaflet, ensure the materials are visible via Tdh and Tdh partner social media platforms.
· Support Tdh partner in establishing the community-based approaches, via youth women committees, this includes the committee ToR, with main roles and responsibilities, meeting frequency, related capacity building topics, activity plan and implementation, etc.
· Ensure that Tdh partner regularly implements the advocacy and looping activities, involving both formal and informal actors in the area of interventions.
· Make sure that Tdh partners have a clear guideline, procedures and planning for networking, communicating and advocating with key stakeholders as per project’s description.
· Support Tdh partner developing and implementing methodologies and dedicated toolboxes to accomplish the project’s objectives.
· Support Tdh partner in planning and implementing the set of trainings and other capacity building initiatives, ensuring appropriate monitoring and reporting system and documentation is in place.
· Lead, Support and monitor the safe and compliant utilization of communication and media platforms, liaise with Tdh’s communication and advocacy specialist when necessary. Attend the technical committee meetings held by Tdh partner.
· Support any training events led by Tdh partner with formal actors such as, representatives of ministries, training of governmental staff, staff of the legislation and opinion bureau.
· Using Tdh’s Project Follow up tools, document projects’ information regularly, lead capitalization event, quarterly monitoring event, monthly budget and project review.
Regularly organize follow up meeting with the partner.
Technically and operationally follow up, upon need and request, the regional project in coordination with the regional access to justice technical advisor and under the coordination of the Access to Justice regional coordinator.
Identify, map, analyze operational and programmatic challenges, develop solutions and mitigation strategies.
Report regularly in alignment with the project’s deadlines and needs, reports regularly to the Program manager via dedicated internal reporting system. Lead/collaborate in ad hoc reporting when requested.
· Oversee the compliance with Tdh’s regulations, policies and best practices
· Oversee the compliance with the donor’s regulation and country Inter-Agency SOPs.
· Keep documentary record of all program’s activities. Timely identify concerns in the capacity of Tdh or its partner to reach the targets or ensures qualitative programming. Support Tdh partner team in identifying solutions.
· Collect and provide any qualitative and quantitative data requested by Tdh according to M&E plan, the Quality and Accountability department, the Tdh partner team.
· Contribute to MEAL exercises, needs assessment, context analysis, post services monitoring and any other initiative aiming at assessing quality and accountability of the program.
- Strengthen quality prevention and response activities to A2J and CP issues encountered. Contribute to qualitative reporting to donors, working groups, internal reporting and reporting to institutional partners.
Coordination and Representation:
- Develop a clear coordination mechanism with Tdh partner, where progress, planning, challenges and solution will be discussed, ensure sufficient documentation of these meetings, and follow up on the needed actions.
- Coordinate as required with all relevant stakeholders at field; ensure professionalism and high profile to all interactions internal and external to Tdh, with particular attention to representation with institutional interlocutors.
- Represent Tdh in any relevant coordination mechanisms when requested by the line manager.
- Maintain relations with protection, CP, Education, SGBV and MHPSS actors in the area of intervention as requested by his/her line manger
- Collaborate regularly with other actors in the area of intervention to monitor the situation of the population targeted, prepare for and respond to protection, A2J, CP and SGBV issues;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationship and coordination with authorities and ensure the respect of procedures by Tdh partner;
CHILD SAFEGUARDING POLICY – SAFETY & SECURITY:
· Knows and implements institutional policies on security, child protection, PSEA and Code of Conduct and fraud prevention; ensures the staff know and implement the procedures in their day-to-day work;
· Commits to ensure the best implementation possible of the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy (CSP) in her/his area, including participation in annual audit, and reviews and updates of action plan;
· Commits to inform the Country Representative and/or the National Safeguarding Focal Point and/or the Head of MENA Region and to deal with any case of any allegations or possibility of transgression, even potential, of the CSP;
· Knows and implements all institutional policies and internal regulations of Terre des hommes with a particular focus on the Institutional Media and Communication policies;
· Respects Terre des hommes security procedures in Jordan;
· Supports the leadership team to organize and facilitate, conferences, exchange of experience mission and field visits for external management staff and donor representatives;
· Any other duty as required by the line supervisor.
S/he will have direct access to information, such as the general strategy of Tdh in Jordan, including programming objectives in the field, financial details, and security guidelines.
A professional sense of security, confidentiality, and proper representation is paramount.
The incumbent will conduct her/his duties in respect of the Charter of Terre des hommes and Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy. Terre des hommes expects that its contractors’ professional conduct reflect proper behavior in accordance with local culture and traditions. The incumbent assures the moral protection of the name of Terre des hommes and defends in all circumstances the interests of the movement.
Reference document :
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies , Technical and Methodological Competencies and Management and Strategic Competencies .
• Sound personal organizational skills, including time management, ability to meet deadlines, multi-tasking, prioritization of tasks, and working under pressure
• Communication of professional needs in a clear, concise and responsible manner;
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity;
• Tolerance and acceptance of diversity;
• Flexibility and strong adaptation skills.
Requirements for the position
Education / Qualifications
Bachelor degree in Human Rights, Law, Sociology, Social Work, or any other relevant academic back-ground;
Master degree in law, human rights or social work is a strong asset.
Mandatory experience in project cycle management, working with community and national stakeholders in Gender equality, Access to justice/gender justice Protection or relevant sub-sector.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as team leader/ Project officer/ supervisor or other relevant experience working for NGOs ;
Experience in working with community-based networks and CBOs, formal and informal actors
Strong capacity of planning and organizing, managing field level activities.
Experience in working with governmental institutions, preferable with Access to Justice actors;
Good understanding of M&E systems and tools;
Experience in working with partners at national and sub-national levels partner’s financial and technical follow up, use of budget follow up tools and budget management is a strong asset.
Experience in capacity building; training, facilitation, mentoring of staff and volunteers;
Mandatory fluency in Arabic and English.
Good use for windows programs
Diplomacy and ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues;
Planning, organizational and management skills;
Good communication and negotiation skills;
Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
Understanding and commitment to child’s rights and child protection issues;
Flexible, willing to travel;
Excellent computer skills;
Sense of humor, dynamic and pro-active;
Work location: Based in Amman, with frequent travels to all operational areas in Jordan.
The Salary Scale for this position : 1497 JOD – 1896 JOD depending on experience.
Previous applications are already taken into consideration, hence those who previously applied to this position do not need to re- apply.
How to apply
For interested candidates ,please send your updated resumes with a cover letter to the email below address Name of Applicant /Position.
Applicants are reviewed and screened before deadline ,so we encourage applicants to apply as early as possible.
Note :Any email with a little that does not have the required information will be disregarded