A Buying Coordinator manage the product life cycle and ensures a smooth operation of processes by completing his daily tasks, stock planning and supply activities as per the agreed on deadlines.
Essential Job Roles:
1. Managing product life cycle.
2. Creating pre-season demand plans and purchase orders.
3. Liaising with Central Data and Buying teams to maintain data integrity.
4. Sourcing out & proactively managing suppliers and working with distribution to ensure smooth running of supply activities in stores and Online.
5. Planning & executing all marketing and promotional Activities for stores & online.
6. Maintaining Planogram in stores.
7. Managing product life cycle.
8. Tracking Achievement based on KPIs (Sales, Inventory, and Ageing).
9. Showrooms & competitor’s visits for Benchmarking.
10. Perusing and negotiating with suppliers for supports and promotional deals and activities
11. Performing other tasks as and when required by line manager.
• 1-2 years relevant operational experience
• High level of verbal and written communication skills
• High interest in consumer Electronics, keeping abreast with latest trends and styles
• Excellent analytical skills and aptitude to draw out plans and assess accurately the market needs for the category
• Strong relationship building skills to maximise opportunities with suppliers
• Organized and self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent PC, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
About Alghanim Industries
Alghanim Industries is one of the largest, privately-owned companies in the Gulf region. Originally founded in 1932 by Yusuf Ahmed Alghanim in Kuwait, the company has since grown into a multi-billion dollar conglomerate, employing over 14,000 people in 30 businesses, and present in 40 countries across the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Asia.
Alghanim Industries is a market leader in almost every major sector of its operations. These sectors include engineering, retail, automotive sales and service, insulation and pre-engineered steel building structures, logistics and warehousing, fast moving consumer goods, food & beverage, oil & gas, office automation, advertising, insurance, consumer credit and travel. This range of business activities has allowed it to develop long-standing relationships with more than 300 global brands, including household names such as AC Delco, American Express, Avis, British Airways, British Petroleum, Cathay Pacific, Daewoo, General Motors, Honda, Saint-Gobain, Toshiba and Whirlpool. Alghanim Industries has also created successful regional businesses such X-cite by Alghanim Electronics, a leading electronics player in the region, and Safat Home, a lifestyle and home furniture concept. Recently, the company entered the Food & Beverage market, acquiring the rights to Costa Coffee in Kuwait in 2013, and the rights to Wendy’s for the MENA region in 2015.