Scope of Work
The Team Lead is responsible for, and manages, the delivery of all Integrity’s deliverables on a high-profile research project in north east Syria. The role comprises the following three core functions:
- Managing the Integrity team’s performance, and their timely delivery of research and M&E outputs as well as job satisfaction.
- Ensuring the high quality of all deliverables submitted to the client and USAID.
- Developing and maintaining a relationship with Chief of Party (COP) and USAID Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), and responding to feedback and requests in a timely and professional manner.
This is a full-time consultancy position for 6 months (renewable), based in Integrity’s Amman Office. The position is likely to run from 1 January to 30 June 2019.
Terms of Reference
- Line manage the Research Manager North and ensure that his/her management of the Research Team North (Field Coordinator-North, Research Support Officer-North and 5 field researchers) is of a high standard and well received by the team in question.
- Line manage the Quarterly Report Analyst, and ensure that his/her delivery of the quarterly report is punctual, to a high standard and well received by the client.
- Line manage the M&E Lead for the Year 3 Annual Assessment, and ensure that their delivery of the quarterly report is punctual, to a high standard and well received by the client
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide regular constructive feedback for the Research Manager North, Quarterly Report Analyst, and Annual Assessment Lead, and address any professional concerns that they may have arising from their work.
- Record and communicate team performance on the Integrity digital and knowledge management platform (Podio) to ensure consultant management and performance is recorded centrally and accessible to senior management.
- Oversee the design, work planning, and delivery of the Year 3 Annual Assessment.
- Provide quality assurance for, and edit all deliverables (written, visual, or verbal) prior to submission to the client.
- Lead on recruitment for any team positions, in close cooperation with the Project Manager and Research Manager North (where relevant).
- Submit all contracted deliverables to the client on time and to a high standard.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with both the programme COP and the COR (USAID).
- Respond to client and USAID feedback concerning Integrity’s outputs in a professional and timely manner.
- Respond to client and USAID requests for outputs that are in line with the project budget, team capacity and wider company ethical parameters.
- Represent the Integrity team at all presentations with the client and USAID, and ensure that such presentations maintain Integrity’s high standing with USAID.
- Record and communicate all client feedback to the Project Director and on Podio to ensure that the company can both learn from, and leverage, project successes to facilitate continued wider company growth.
- Work closely with the Project Director, Project Manager, and Research Manager North to respond to any risks/incidents related to team security, company reputation or data integrity.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with the subcontracted project graphic designer and ensure s/he is able to meet project needs alongside his/her other professional commitments outside Integrity.
- Ensure that Integrity’s research work at no point contradicts the company’s approach to ethical, transparent and conflict sensitive research work in fragile and conflict-affected states.
- Work closely with the Project Manager in the design of budgets to ensure that teams are adequately resourced to meet requested outputs.
Reporting and Supervision
Managed by: Project Director.
Direct Line management responsibility for: 1) Research Manager North, 2) Quarterly Report Analyst, 3) M&E Lead for Annual Assessment.
Your Qualifications and Experience
The candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as economics, political science, international relations, sociology, social anthropology, international development, conflict and peace studies or related subject.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of working in international development and/or the humanitarian sector conducting Research and M&E activities.
- Experience managing enumerator teams utilizing various remote management approaches.
- Experience working on Syria, with experience working on Raqqa, Hassakeh, or Deir ez-Zor highly preferable.
- Working knowledge of USAID activity design and implementation experience.
- Experience managing enumerator teams utilizing various remote management approaches. Syria experience highly preferable;
- Experience working in Fragile and Conflict-Affected States.
The candidate will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of international best practices in governance work and political economy analysis.
- Leadership skills and an ability to work well both independently and in teams.
- Project management skills, such as team, financial, and client management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience designing and applying quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Personal commitment, flexibility, and efficiency.
- Written and oral fluency in English (required).
- Working proficiency in Syrian Arabic (required).
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter at the bottom of your application.
Closing date for applications: 20 December 2018.
However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications.
Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the Jordan.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. And positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.