Social Media Executive
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people’s lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Social Media Executive is responsible for advocating the brand on all social media networks. They have a deep understanding of the brand’s social persona and guidelines and are accordingly able to actively engage with and grow the online community
Key responsibilities include:
- A-Z customer relations responsible for all customer support and answering all inquiries with a response time of less than 20 minutes. They will also be able to take the conversation offline and contact the customer directly to resolve any issues directly. They will be trained on a number of CRM platforms in order to accurately communicate or escalate each and every inquiry incoming from the brand numerous social media channels
- Brand advocacy
- Engagement: actively engage/converse with existing or new potential customers.
- Re-engagement: actively keep the conversation going with existing or new potential customers.
- Seeding: monitor and select relevant or trending conversations online, and seed the brand into the discussion.
- Reporting & helping develop internal processes
- Develop monthly reports on customer satisfaction, engagement rates, response time, escalation issues, etc.
- Help the Head of Community Management with collating and consistently updating brand FAQ documents.
- Outgoing personality: sociable, articulate, positive, talkative and eager to converse with our fanbase and customers.
- Writing skills: excellent use of language matched with proper customer relation
- Languages: we are looking for individuals that are able to speak, read and write both of the below languages fluently.
- Social media experience: experience with the following social media channels is a must: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Training on different social media tools will be provided.
- Willingness to work on a shift basis: Community Management is a 24/7 job. The CM department allocates times and shifts to each member of the team on a rotational basis, this includes evening and night shifts, weekends, and public holidays.
- Overall: great time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligent, handles pressure.
- Education: post-graduate
- Culture fit: Careem is a start-up growing at a tremendous pace on a daily basis. The team and talent we recruit are highly energetic, ambitious, hardworking, reliable, kind and unique in their own characters.
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits, and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.