Senior Finance Officer – National Contract
Closing date: 18 Apr 2018
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation
Senior Finance Officer is responsible for accurate and timely recording of financial transactions and reporting per DRC guidelines and provides support to Finance Manager in ensuring smooth operation of Finance department in DRC Jordan.
About the job
The individual will report directly to Finance Manager. Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
· Responsible for the preparation and submission of complete, accurate, reliable and timely financial reports that will feed into donor reporting;
· Prepare accurate monthly expenditure reports for management including analysis of burn rates, and explanations for significant under and over-spends, and communicate this to the project manager and chief of party and the finance and administration coordinator.
· Ensure that all ECHO project financial transactions are correctly documented, filed and archived.
· Coordinate with consortium co-applicants to prepare consolidated budget amendments for submission to the donor as required.
· Coordinate with consortium co-applicants to prepare consolidated monthly report, with the needed supporting documents.
· Check invoices by verifying mathematical accuracy and ensuring that appropriate procurement authorization and supporting documentation are attached;
· Spot check on partners as needed in a close coordination with the country finance and Administration coordinator and the chief of party.
· Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Head of Support Services or CD.
· To be successful in this role we expect you to have At least three years finance experience in a busy organization, preferably in an NGO setting
Moreover, we also expect the following:
Required / Desirable
· Relevant university Degree, ideally bachelors or masters in Procurement management.
· Proven experience working with donor funded projects/ Programs, especially EU/ECHO among other donors.
· Good and clear communication and writing skills in English.
· A pro-active person who is able to work independently and at the same time a good team-player.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Computer literate (proficiency in MS word, excel).
· Detail oriented.
· Arabic and English (fluency level)
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values.
Contract length: 6 month contract including three months as probation period, renewable based on both funding and performance.
Designation of Duty Station: Amman
Start date: May 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.**
Closing date for applications: 18 April 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.