Field Facilitator (SOS Project)
Field Facilitator (SOS Project)
Right to Play (RTP) is a global organization that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through sports and games, RTP helps children in more than 20 countries build essential life skills and better futures, while driving social change in their communities in sustainable and lasting ways. Right to Play’s mission is to use sport and play to educate and empower children and youth to overcome the effects of poverty, conflict and disease in disadvantaged communities. RTP Jordan was established in 2006, focusing on children and youth in the most vulnerable areas of Jordan. Its aim is to enhance equality of education within the Jordanian formal education frameworks, in addition to using sports for comprehensive child and youth development including psychosocial support, life skills and community cohesion.
RTP is in search of a full-time Field Facilitator to work on the Strengthening Our Schools (SOS) Project. The SOS Project aims to strengthen the capacity of the public education system to provide quality and inclusive education for Syrian refugees and vulnerable Jordanians, while improving social cohesion in schools and within the community. This position will be based at RTP offices in Amman, with additional field work in Zarqa and Jordan Valley.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver training to teachers and members of community-based partner organizations on topics including play-based learning, community cohesion, and conflict resolution
- Organize and conduct special events and activities such as play days and sport tournaments
- Plan and coordinate activities, including logistical and financial elements
- Provide observation, monitoring, and constructive feedback for teachers and community members who have received RTP training to ensure they are correctly implementing concepts learned through training
- Communicate clearly with team members and RTP staff in order to successfully implement project activities
- Ensure that partner organizations are delivering programming in compliance with RTP’s Code of Conduct, Child Protection Policy and organizational mission and values
- Provide progress and other required reports in a timely manner as necessary to the Project Officer and Project Manager
- Establish and maintain partnerships through regular communication with local partners, stakeholders and beneficiaries in the implementation of project activities
- Represent RTP in meetings with relevant UN agencies and NGOs on an as-needed basis
- Assist the SOS team with additional supportive tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical education, social work or other related field
- Three years’ experience facilitating and delivering training
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong team player with ability to communicate and work respectfully with others
- Fluency in Arabic and English languages
- Strong skills in MS Office and the ability to use PowerPoint and other technology when delivering trainings
- Drivers license
RTP offers a competitive salary and benefits package
Applications will only be considered from candidates who are currently in Jordan and who are currently authorized to work in the country.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Right to Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs. To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com.