Education Cluster Coordinator
Closing date: 18 Apr 2018
Responsible for the co-leadership of the Education Cluster with UNICEF to ensure coordinated, timely and accountable cross border education response and work closely with the Education cluster/sector coordinators at WoS. To be the technical lead on behalf of Save the Children on the Education Cannot Wait investment from the supported hub.
Qualifications and experience
· 2-3 years of experience in coordinating Cluster or Education Sector Working Group coordination.
· Experience of working internationally in humanitarian programmes, including education.
· Previous experience of working in large-scale complex emergency response.
· Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field of experience.
· Experience of applying relevant interagency humanitarian frameworks and standards in education in emergencies (for example INEE Minimum Standards).
· Ability to write/advise on clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
· Excellent communication skills.
· A high level of written and spoken English.
· Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
· Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy. Ability to be resourceful and flexible.
· The capacity and willingness to be flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
· Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of SC’s child focused mandate.
· Language skills in Arabic
· Experience of working internationally in Education cluster coordination and humanitarian programmes within child protection
· Experience or knowledge of working and living in relevant regions/contexts
Contract length: 12 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Applications from Turkish, Syrian and Jordanian nationals preferred.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.