The purpose of the Customer Service Representative is to maximize customer satisfaction and revenue by meeting supplier/customer needs and expectations with regards to contract execution & order fulfillment.
The Customer Service Representative:
- Is primary point of contact for the supplier/customer for all aspects related to contracts nomination and deliveries inbound/outbound
(domestic and/or cross border flows) including logistics scheduling
- Collaborates with suppliers/customers and internal parties to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and value
- Identifies and participates in improvement initiatives
- Is subject matter expert of Customer Service topics including contracts
Execution of full scale world class customer services activites for entire Sub Sahara Africa and lead customer services team to meet deliverables, this includes customer services operations, process development, planning & execution, customer & client interaction/ business partners, systems/data management & development where applicable, reporting & anaylsis and people, talent & budget management The customer service team also handles after care such as complaint management, customer performance metrics, inputs on customer account plans.
30% Customer services Operations
- Is primary point of contact for the customer for all aspects related to contracts/tenders/orders nomination and deliveries outbound (domestic and/or export flows).
- Collaborates with customers and internal parties to ensure maximum customer satisfaction and value.
- Identifies and participates in improvement initiatives.
- Understand and take appropriate action on change management initiatives.
- Participate in performance reporting and propose corrective actions.
- Deliver valuable contribution to projects.
- Active in finding ways to improve processes.
- Is subject matter expert of Customer Service topics including updating procedures, giving support utilizing operational knowledge and expertise.
- Is expert in contract/tender knowledge.
- Is subject matter expert of Customer Service topics including contracts/tenders & orders.
20% Process development, planning & execution
- Applies a comprehensive understanding of supply chain practices and procedures to gather and verify medium-short term S&OP demand/capacity outlook based on various input sources (e.g. sales orders, forecast, contract position, awarded tenders or potential thereof inventory available, and direct input from sales/demand teams).
- Ensures the scheduling plan is signed off, communicated and agreed upon with the commercial & planning – not sure which scheduling plan this is
- Proactively leads , manages and optimizes the contract/tender position , arbitrage the opportunities
- Manages the nomination of inbound and outbound counterparty obligations
- Monitor order patterns, anticipating demand and pro-actively inform customers about contract/tender balances and related information.
- Good understanding of customer requirements & consequences of deviating from customer requests.
- Work with customers, commercial, planning, logistics & execution to ensure the customer’s delivery requirements can be met whilst maintaining an efficient and effective supply chain.
- Pro-actively inform customers of down time of our facilities, delays with deliveries etc; monitor situation pro-actively to minimize impact for the customer.
- Negotiate internally and externally to re-schedule or re-route deliveries; balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business.
- Acts as a main point of contact for customers for all customer related queries
- Proactively leads the claims and solves the problems
- Be the key point of contact (internal & external) for customer complaints. Process complaints within the relevant systems (SFDC) and ensure resolution towards the customer within the given business rules. FSQR investigates and inputs into the FSQR system (Archer I think)
- Understands the customer requirements, needs and expectations and relays newly obtained information back to the internal organization as appropriate.
- Prepares the customers visits.
- Build up customer specialized knowledge in order to signal to the internal organization any changes in order pattern and to inform relevant parties of expected customer requirements. Currently commercial team normally advises with CS also input if they hear anything
- Work with commercial and customers to increase knowledge on service, demand, opportunity and risk with the aim of increasing customer satisfaction and value.
- Build and maintain good relationships with customers with the aim of increasing the customer satisfaction .
- Measure the customer satisfaction through surveys
15% System Data Management, Reporting & analysis
- Timely and efficient customer nomination/order processing into the business systems in accordance with business rules
- Maintain and update systems and relationships that supports accurate customer demand/delivery forecast as well as other database within the business.
- Run reports on behalf of CS when required.
- The job may require some supplier/customer travelling visits.
- The job may require flexible working hours or on call duties.
- University degree or equivalent or relevant experience
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience in Supply Chain/Customer Services or relevant customer facing experience
- Food/feed/agri/FMCG environment experience/knowledge a plus
- Experience in a process driven environment a plus
- Fluent in English and Local Language (additional regional language is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent contract knowledge in Animal Nutrition industry
- Excellent knowledge of the products
- Problem solving skills
- Advanced Understanding on the customers needs based segmentation
- Advanced Understanding of the animal feed environment
- Understanding of implications of all relevant internal processes and procedures on stakeholders (logisctics,planning, execution,operations)
- Positive, open minded, energized, hands on.