Community Health Facilitator (NURSES) – Jordanian nationals only
Community Health Facilitator
POSITION GENERAL INFORMATION
- Position: Community Health Facilitator
- Based in: Amman, with daily travel in the field (Ajloun/Jerash or Balqa or Madaba)
- Probable starting date: 1st of January 2019
- Under the direct supervision of: Project Officer
- Supervision of : Community Health volunteer
- Works in cooperation with: The Programme Team, the Cash, Referral and
Monitoring & Evaluation department, administrative
and logistics teams and Partners’ teams.
ABOUT PREMIERE URGENCE INTERNATIONALE (PUI)
Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental international aid organization operating in more than 20 countries and relying on more than 30 years of experience in responding to the fundamental needs of crisis affected populations. Present in the Middle East since 1996, PUI conducts multi-sectoral humanitarian and resilience programming in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Palestine and Yemen. PUI provides relief assistance (health and nutrition, water and sanitation, rehabilitation, food security and non-food item distribution, protection) and supports early recovery.
PUI’s actions are guided by principles of humanity, impartiality, independence, accountability, adaptability, transparency, cooperation and partnership, involvement, dialogue, initiative, and trust.
In Jordan, PUI has been responding since 2013 to the needs of most vulnerable populations affected by the Syria crisis in host communities.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Officer, she/he is in charge to support the technical aspects of a Cash for Health project aiming at improving access to health services and reduce the risks of mortality and morbidity within women and child population in the Governorates of Ajloun, Jerash, Madaba and Balqa.
She/he will train the community health volunteer and support the program team on community health, to ensure the quality of community health activities and specifically messages and information delivered by the Community volunteers.
She/he will conduct home visits to cash for health beneficiaries and provide these with information on ANC, family planning, IYCF, PNC, Immunization, Birth registration and provide the beneficiaries with new born baby/dignity kits.
She/he will contribute to strenghthen the coordination between health stakholders and humanitarian actors in the community and to organise regular meetings with health services providers.
She/he operates in line with PUI code of conduct, internal policies and specific guidelines.
Responsibilities and tasks
- To ensure the high-quality of the community health component of the project, by training the Community volunteers and ensuring that the Community volunteers are providing accurate, quality health messages to beneficiaries during home visits
- To provide home visits to the cash for health beneficiaries to; check on the health of the mother and baby; raise awareness around ANC, family planning, the importance of PNC, IYCF, immunization, birth registration; provide the beneficiaries with new born baby/dignity kits.
- To provide group awareness sessions at community level on health issues.
- To contribute to strengthen coordination between health actors and stakeholders in the Community.
- To report accurately to the Project Manager, Community Medical Advisor and Project Officers on Community Health awareness raising, participate in the Monitoring of the project and production of relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
Objective 1: To ensure the high-quality of the community health component of the project, by training the Community volunteers and ensuring that the Community volunteers are providing accurate, quality health messages to beneficiaries during home visits
- Under the supervision of the Project Officer and in taking into consideration guidelines and tools developed in coordination by other health actors, she/he will participate in the creation and update of supportive materials to ensure the high quality of messages delivered by the Community Volunteers
- In coordination with the Community Medical Advisor and the Project Officer, she/he will ensure high quality in the provision of accurate information and health messaging by the Community Volunteers.
- will conduct regular trainings of the Community volunteers to ensure that they are providing accurate and quality health messages to beneficiaries during home visits
Objective 2: To provide home visits to the cash for health beneficiaries to; check on the health of the mother and baby; raise awareness around ANC, family planning, the importance of PNC, IYCF, immunization, birth registration; provide the beneficiaries with new born baby kits.
- will conduct home visits to each eligible cash for health beneficiary within 2 weeks before delivery to assess the health of the pregnant mother and to raise awareness around and provide information on ANC, TT vaccine, IYCF.
- will conduct home visits to each cash for health beneficiary within 2 weeks of delivery to assess the health of the mother and baby and provide new born baby kits
- She/he will conduct home visits to each cash for health beneficiary within 2 weeks of delivery to raise awareness around and provide information on family planning, IYCF, birth registration and the importance of PNC.
Objective 3: To provide group awareness sessions at community level on health issues.**
- She/he will conduct regularly group awareness sessions on health (family planning, teen pregnancy, space in birth, child vaccination) at community level.
- She/he will provide individual counseling to the persons attending the group awareness sessions in need of such counseling.
Objective 4: To support to strengthen coordination between health actors and stakeholders in the Community.
- Under the supervision of the Project Officer, in coordination with the Community Medical Advisor, as per the request of the Project Manager or Project Officer, will represent PUI during external bilateral and multilateral meetings and coordinate regularly with health actors, stakeholders and Partners (PHC, hospitals, NGOs, INGOs, CBOs).
- will contribute to strengthen field coordination and referral pathways between health actors in the community by sharing accurate information on the services provided.
- will monitor challenges to health access and share useful information on these services to her/his management and with key stakeholders.
- will make sure to provide minutes to the Project Manager and the Project Officer of all the meetings attended and raise any issue that is in PUI interest.
Objective 5: To report accurately to the Project Manager and Project Officer on Community Health awareness raising, participate in the Monitoring of the project and production of relevant information about the project activities and achievements.
- will regularly provide reports to the Project Manager and the Project Officer on training, staff capacity building and technical monitoring of community health activities.
- She/he will ensure to fill in a follow-up file for each beneficiary, through pre and post-delivery visits.
- will write monthly reports on the activities implemented as requested by the Project Manager according to the project and management indicators.
- will assist the Project Manager in providing sufficient and detailed information for program reporting to donors and PUI Senior Management Team.
- Based on the on-going monitoring of the activities, will ensure lessons learnt and success stories from the project are documented and reported to her/his manager
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project needs.
Required Background, knowledge & Skills:
- Nursing certificate or medical graduation.
- Mandatory a minimum 4 year-experience in the medical field.
- Experience in reproductive health and non-communicable disease highly preferred.
- Mandatory Experience in providing trainings, organizing group information
- Previous experience in humanitarian work would be an added advantage.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, oral and written.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Office
Required interpersonal skills:
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate an idea clearly and concisely in public, with good understanding of at stakes.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and good ability to make proactive suggestions.
- Able to manage priorities, take initiatives and work without constant supervision
- Ability to establish strong connections with other stakeholder.
- Good listener
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situation
- Good command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel Outlook)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your CV, Cover Letter and 3 reference contacts in English to [email protected]. Email subject line ” CHF – your name”. Applications that don’t have this reference will not be considered. Due to the emergency of the recruitment, applications will be studied before the closing of the vacancy. Candidate might be selected before the vacancy deadline.
All employees are expected to abide by the humanitarian principles, the Code of Conduct, PUI Charter and PUI above mentioned values.